𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙭.

"SO how did the reunion go?" Juleka inquired upon recognizing the sound of her brother's footsteps.

Luka, having returned from the party, joined his sister at the deck of their houseboat. He rested his arms on the railings and replied casually, "It was alright, went better than I expected at first. The compact, as it turns out, did belong to Audrey."

Juleka chuckled. "A coincidence that it turned out to be your ex, don't you think? But anyway, I'm glad you're feeling alright. At least, I hope you're being honest about it." She squinted her eyes at him. "You must have felt at least a slight hint of agitation."

"I did," he confessed truthfully, "It was quite awkward to finally talk to her after a very long while. There's a part of me that still felt bitter, considering she did ghost me for two years - but I don't let that negative energy take control of me, otherwise I'd be akumatized. Anyway, she explained herself and apologized."

"And you forgave her."

"Of course."

Luka was bound to forgive Audrey each time she apologized. He had the option not to, but would nevertheless inevitably find himself forgiving her every time. It wasn't that he felt obliged to do it because it was the moral thing - but rather he was inclined to do so. He'd do it not out of duty, or pity, but for the regard that remained. Even if his romantic affections for her had melted away, his solicitude never will.

He had noticed the sorrow in her voice during their tête-à-tête (heart-to-heart conversation) earlier that afternoon. He wasn't certain whether it was guilt, regret, sympathy, yearning, envy, or perhaps all of it; but the distinct sound of dejection in Audrey's tone gave him a slight twinge in the heart.

Luka glanced at the sky, which was now the colour of lilacs. Every evening, he would witness the sunset out of force of habit. It reminded him of his former love and the exact moment she left without a farewell; the ache that issued from that memory had gradually relieved overtime, and now that she was back, it shouldn't be long until the pain vanishes completely. Seeing her and realizing he no longer felt the same affection for her as he did before, made him feel a great deal better about himself. It was confirmation that he had alas moved on.

"YO! LUKA!"

Juleka flinched. "Eugh. Your friends are here. I'll go head off to my room."

She trudged off, leaving Luka standing at the deck while two teenage boys stepped into the houseboat and approached him.

"Danton, Khalil," he greeted them with a casual nod. "I see you followed me on the way home. Stalkers."

"It's not stalking if we're not being stealthy," said Khalil in a matter-of-factly tone. "Plus, we're your homies. We come here anytime we want."

Luka chuckled. "Right..."

"By the way, what's up with your sister?" Danton asked. "Why's she always avoiding us?"

"She just thinks you're annoying. That's all."

"We're not annoying. Are we annoying, Khalil?"

"I'm not. Only you are," Khalil gave Danton a light punch on the arm.

"You're both annoying," said Luka, smiling. "Now, what's your business here?"

"We just like to hang out in your houseboat," answered Danton. "Now that Khalil and I both got girlfriends, we might have been spending less time with you lately. We realised that you've been so lonely that you subjected yourself to hanging out with some collège kids from your sister's class. Just know that we'll always be here for you, bro."