Chapter 18

The day ended in a flash with yeil spending most of her time being bored to death inside her room

The silence and the darkness that surrounds her room gave a suffocating feeling to linger in her chest. She swears once everything is over she will spend her time outside.

Yeil's eyes wandered around, trying to kill the dullness that surrounds the four walls of her dark infested room.

She stared outside the window of her room, trying finding something to let her time past by and to forget the suffocating feeling that stuck on her throat.

the leaves on the trees carefully swayed and the sky was clear, a mixture of golden and orange hue covered the clouds making an ethereal like effect sending comforting chills down her body.

She continued to stare at the clouds as it changes in color as minutes passed by. Her eyes twinkled, her chest warming up at the entrancing sight.

Releasing a relieved sigh, she look away, her eyes scanning her dark room that contrasted the enthralling beauty outside.

She felt the coldness travelled in her body making her shiver. the feeling of being free lingered in her thoughts. She missed being outside, working and enjoying the cold breeze of the natural wind.

A bitter smile played on her lips while she reminisced the memory
she had with her friends and family.

The urge to contact them grew stronger and stronger but she can't knowing that it was partially her fault that they lost contact with each other.

She didn't want to drag them into her mess, she'd rather take every painful things than to put their lives at stake.

Her mind flashed through the memory on the night of Jungmyun's escape.

The boy didn't want to escape, knowing the consequences but she persuaded him, assuring him everything will be alright.

She remembered giving him a candy, the thought left a soft smile to play on her lips.

Her grandparents used to give her candy everytime she visited them or when they needed to go.

They used to say that when she misses them, she can just eat the candy and reminisced about their times together. The time they had together was short but it always left a warm feeling in her heart.

The gesture left a big impact on her life. she just found herself doing the same gesture everytime she bids goodbye to someone whose especial to her.

She also gave her siblings a pack of candy and letters. She secretly put it on their baggage without them noticing, knowing how much the Yanny and Yeonghun hated her sweet gestures.

Her friends used to question her gestures but understands her after she explained it.

Goodbye's are bitter in nature but with this candy, one can only hope for it to turn bitter-sweet in the future.

The reason of the gesture is sad but it never failed to spread warmness in her chest.

The silence was broken once a bark erupted, echoing in the air. She snickered forgetting the empty feeling in her heart momentarily once her eyes fell on the dog that keeps on barking at her.

It run around the room settling itself down on Yeil's feet. It keeps on rubbing it's body on her leg like it's telling her to cheer up.

She smiled, the tears started to line up in her eyes. It flowed down one by one but it didn't hurt like how she expected. It only made her heart feel lighter and better.

She reached down to pick up the dog. It waggled it's tail and it's ears perked up.

She picked it up setting in down on her lap while they stare on the sky that's slowly darkening as the time passed by. The dog snuggled closer to her body, rubbing it's head on her arms. She smiled softly at the dog, ruffling her hands on its fur.

Suddenly, the peaceful air that surrounds them thicken. It burned a feeling of anxiety and fear to rise up in her heart. She frantically look around as the uneasiness started to grow stronger and stronger.

She stood up, letting the dog down in the ground which caused for it to whine cutely. She stared outside only for her vision to be filled with small dark blots.

She shook her head trying to make out of what's happening but her body's slowly growing tired. Her limbs felt limp and heavy. Her breathing started to slow down and finally her eyes getting blurry.

No matter how she wanted to fight off the drowsiness, it completely took over her body. Yeil's body fell down on the floor causing a loud thud.

She tried to open her eyes but the only thing she saw and heard is the dog barking in her side. It lick her cheeks to pull her out of her drowsiness but she failed once her eyes completely blackened out.

UNEDITED

UNEDITED.