2 - Exchanging rings

You are all mine, my love

THIRD PERSON's POV

Type was busy watching some TV show distracting himself from the eyes which were devouring him earlier and he didn't realize his dad sat next to him.

He startled when a hand stroked his hair and smiled when he realized its his own dad.

"I know you may think this is too early and you want to focus on your carrier and study further and I'm not asking you to stop all t-those" his dad stuttered failing to find correct words.

"What is it dad?" Type asked cutting him off, knowing his dad was trying to discuss something serious with him.

"There is this guy who was one of my student who is good natured and knows how to take care of others and His name is Lhong.."

"And?" Type asked as he was not sure what his dad was trying to convey.

"It's not like I'm asking you to get married or anything. Meet him first and if you like him then you guys can get engaged and then can plan the marriage in the future"

"That was something I didn't expect" 

Type tried to process what his dad just said as dating or getting married was last thing he had in his mind.

"I know it's sudden. I didn't meant to shock you or anything"

"I know dad. but I need sometime, I just finished my exams"

"Take your time son. His details are in this envelope, check it when you are free" said Mr.Kanawut and left the white envelope on coffee table which was placed in front of them.

And I thought I get to take my time but here my dad with envelope just like 90's.

Once his dad went inside his bedroom to rest, Type took the envelope and opened but he stopped himself and left it on his bedside table and entered bathroom to take shower. 

When he was getting ready to sleep, his curiosity kicked in as the white envelope was irking his eyes and took the envelope and opened it.

There was a photo and biodata of the person named Lhong.

Name : LhongAge : 28Education : Masters in aerospace engineering, MIT

Name : Lhong
Age : 28
Education : Masters in aerospace engineering, MIT

And all the other details of Lhong and his family.

As soon as he saw the picture, Type could tell that Lhong is handsome and his type too. He smiled at his dad's selection and started reading the details written on white paper.

Before deciding he thought he will meet Lhong and know more about him and he thought he will let his dad know the same in the morning.

NEXT MORNING

"Good morning dad"

Type greeted his dad who came out with messy hair letting Type know that his dad is still sleepy.