Chapter 11

It's been two months since we moved to California, and it hasn't been so great. Cody was having fun, and so were Catrina and Paul. Not me.

Amanda kept saying she was going to warn me, but she never had a chance because Catrina was always around.

Xavier was seriously scaring me, and I really think he has feelings for me, which I don't want. I don't know if he was the one.

Felix, on the other hand, was making me mad. Over the next month, I've looked into his eyes numerous times. He avoided me as usual, though. But, at the same time, I never heard his secret.

Nora and Leo started to really get used to my ability. Especially, Leo. I felt like he was scared I was going to expose him. Now, he was calmer about it. Nora constantly asked me questions, and half of the time I never knew the answers.

There was so much about my ability that I didn't know about. Like, how it became a thing. If any other family line knew anything about it. If there was another person like me.

I'm sure Amanda probably had the answers to this. I wish I can get them from her, one time or another. I was starting to lose hope to get the answers because Catrina is considering firing Amanda.

I need to get the answers before Catrina thinks of getting rid of Amanda. No matter what.

Cody and his girlfriend were having fun, too. Yes, Cody has a girlfriend. And, he's eight. But, that's okay.

The fact that I am eight years older than him, and he's started his first relationship before me, makes me feel so lame. I need to start talking to more people. Other than Nora, Leo, and Jasmine. And a little bit of Xavier.

"Hey," Felix mumbled. "Are you okay? You look down."

I looked at him, just to see him look away. "I'm fine. I think you're the one who's not okay."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed. "I tell you all the time, but I guess you don't understand. Whatever. Just do the worksheet."

"Umm," he started. "I don't really understand it."

I giggled. "Of course, you don't."

He scowled. "Hey! It's not my fault, I'm bad at chemistry. Chemistry is the only subject I'm doing bad in. Why is chemistry even a thing?"

"Because..."

He wasn't looking at me, but I can tell he had on a cocky look. "I told you. There's no point in chemistry. It's not like I want to blow things up in the future. I want to sing!"

I laughed out loud at this. "You're not going to be a singer until you're an old man, are you?"

"I'm going to be a singer until I'm an old man. Then, I'll retire and leave the rest to the next generation."

The next generation, I thought. My next generation is going to have to through the same hell that I did.

"Sky?" Felix called, looking at me.

I turned to him. "Sky? Why do you keep calling me that? It's weird. Only Paul and Cody call me that. And..."

"And?"

"My mom."

"Catrina Lopez?"

I shook my head. "My real mom. Nicole Anderson. Anyways, stop calling me that. It's weird. I don't even know you."

"I do know you."

"Alright, then look at me."

"Okay-"