•{1}•

I had slept in for the first time in months, I've been so caught up with school and finishing high school early. I hate going to school, not because of the people but just because I hate it. I'd rather dance then anything.

I'm a dancer, a hip hop and contemporary dancer. Been dancing since I was 3 years old, I'm not 18. I spend most of my days in the dance studio that my aunt owns.

I've been living with my aunt for the past 7 years, my parents died in a car accident when I was 11. It was rough but I knew they wanted me to keep living my dream.

"Emma!", aunt Jackie screamed while I rushed down the stairs to see what was going on. She was standing in the kitchen with a letter in her hands.

"Morning to you too", I chuckled while she smiled before handing me the letter. I took it, gently, before starting to read what it was saying. My eyes lit up and met hers while she had the biggest smile on her face.

"I can't believe it!!", I screamed while jumping into her arms. "Loyola Marymount University congratulate your for your scholarship-...", I said while aunt Jackie just held up the check.

"I-..this is a dream!", I whispered while tears filled my eyes. I was so proud of what I'd had accomplished and couldn't wait to get out of Jersey for California.

"My baby is growing up.", aunt Jackie said kissing my forehead while I chuckled softly. "Let's go shopping, you will need new clothes for California.", "Can't believe I'm actually going!", I screamed while running back up the stairs to change.

I couldn't believe that it had actually happened, I really was living a dream. I looked at the portrait of my parents before kissing them. "I made it, mom and dad", I whispered softly before getting back downstairs.

Aunt Jackie and I had been shopping for the past 3 hours, my feet were killing me and I was hungry. We decided to stop at McDonalds on our way back home. "So, you excited for the big LMU?", questioned the woman while I took a sip of my ice tea.

"Yeah, I'm a little nerves though.", I told her truly while she parked the car in the garage. She turned to look at me, her green eyes starring into my eyes while her smile created a small dimple on her left cheek.

"You're going to be amazing, Emma. You're the best dancer I've ever seen", she told me while taking my hand. I looked down "I don't want to leave you here", I said shyly at her before feeling tears roll down my cheeks.

"Hey, hey, wipe them crocodile tears. I will be okay here, you deserve it", she whipped away a tear from my face while I kissed her cheek. "I don't know what I would do without you".

We had gotten inside the house, she had decided to make her famous lasagna while I went up to my room to finish my painting. I have a lot of passions like painting, dancing, singing and photography.

As I was putting on my favourite playlist, I got a message on my Instagram. I went to check who it was and saw a message from Bryce Hall.

"Why would Bryce Hall contact me?", I thought before opening his message confused.

BRYCE HALL
-Hey
I was wondering when you were getting to Cali?
-How did you know?
-You posted on ur story? 😂
-Oh shit, haha sorry I thought you were like a stalker 😂
-Nope not a stalker haha just wondering
-I'm hoping on the plane in 2 days
-You have a place to stay?
-I'll figure something out
-You can always stay at ours if you need to, the boys would be okay with that
-Really?
-Yeah just trying to help out
-Okay sure
You can pick me up?
-Yeah ofc
Guess I'll see you in 2 days
1Yeah, see ya

I closed my phone before hearing my aunt scream my name from downstairs. I ran down, almost falling twice, before finally arriving in the kitchen.

"Did you almost fall?", she questioned while lifting an eyebrow. "No, you know how coordinated I am", I said chuckling while she hit her forehead with her palm.

"You know Bryce texted me?", I said while she put a plate of lasagna in front of me. "Bryce? As in Bryce Hall?", aunt Jackie questioned while I nodded. "He offered to let me stay with him while I find an apartment."

"He did?", she asked while I put my fork to my mouth. Aunt Jackie's lasagna will really be something that I'll miss in California.

"Yeah, he's suppose to pick me up from the airport.", I told her while she frowned. "Wasn't Tristan suppose to pick you up?", she asked while my eyes widened. "Shit! I had completely forgot!", I said grabbing my phone and texting Bryce.

I apologized to him, saying that my cousin was going to pick me up but that we could hang out. "How could I have forgotten about Tristan?", I whispered while hitting my forehead.

"You haven't seen him in years, don't worry Emma.", my aunt said. Tristan is the son of my fathers brother, we used to hang out when we were kids but our parents stopped talking.

"I should probably call him, no?", I questioned while finishing up my lasagna. Aunt Jackie was silent throughout the whole time. "If you want to", she just told me before putting her dishes in the dishwasher.

I bite my upper lip wondering why was aunt Jackie acting so coldly. I remember that her and uncle Brady used to get in a lot of arguments before they stopped talking.

"I have to pack my bags", I said quickly before rushing back upstairs. As I was folding my shirt, my phone rang and Tristans name popped up on my screen.

"Hey Tristan", I said while the man behind the phone said "Hey Em, I heard you got into LMU". "Yeah, I'm really happy", I said smiling before putting him on speaker so I could finish packing.

"You excited to come to California?", he questioned as I closed my first luggage. "Yeah, can't wait to see you too. It's been forever.", I said as he sighed loudly. "You have a place to stay?".

"Oh, yeah, I'm crashing at Bryce's for awhile", I told him before starting my second luggage. "Bryce? As in Bryce Hall? I didn't know you guys were friends.", he questioned while I looked over at the polaroid of Bryce and I.

We used to date back when I was a freshman and he was a junior. The polaroid in my hand, I smiled almost forgetting that I was talking with Tristan.

"Oh, yeah, we're friends", I finally answered him. "You'll text me when you get on the ground?", he asked me while I rolled my eyes chuckling. "Yes, stop worrying grandma.", I told him as he chuckled.

We said our goodbyes brfore I went to take a shower. As I was laying in my bed with my laptop watching criminal minds, aunt Jackie walked into my room.

"Hey baby, how are you?", she asked while sitting next to me. I closed my laptop and sat back up to face her. "I'm okay, I talked with Tristan and everything is fine", she nodded before sitting on my bed. "I'm proud of you, truly", aunt Jackie said before kissing my forehead.