The first day: Morning

The screen turns on revealing Cassidy looking in the mirror, through a window in the background you can see the sun coming up.

"So, to keep this a secret from Ma the states have made cameras that are contacts. Otherwise, he would find the cameras real quickly." Cassidy says "That's why I'm looking at a mirror, so you can see me."

"Anyway, it's 5:55 now and Ma' usually gets up at 6 to make breakfast. I should get going. I won't be talking to you directly for the rest of the video. Any questions can be saved for the ask blog. "

Cassidy looked away from the mirror and you saw what she saw. A door came into view and Cassidy opened it.

She looked down the hall at a set of doors. One had the Russian flag and the other the American flag painted on. One door opened and out stumbled a tired-looking Alfred.

He was wearing a shirt that said "#1 MOM" on it, it was quite patriotic in the fact the color scheme was red, white, and blue. The sleeves were blue with white five-pointed stars. Part of his hair was pinned back by a red star clip, and under his glasses, you could see terrible bags.

"Right on time," Cassidy whispers. She goes up to America giving a proper view of just how tired the American is.

"Hey Ma! Can I help make breakfast this morning?" Cassidy asked and America blinked a few times tiredly before smiling.

"Sure Rado, just don't burn down the kitchen like Nevada did that one time California tried to microwave sushi..." Alfred said distantly, he then started towards the kitchen and Cassidy followed.

The kitchen was a decently large room, seeing as feasts were prepared for every meal it made sense to have a larger kitchen. There were many ovens, a handful of fridges, and lots of counter space. The tile was a simple white while the walls were a pleasing red.

Alfred immediately grabbed a large frying pan, another large frying pan, and a medium-sized one. He somehow started making many different types of eggs at an astounding speed.

Cassidy was mixing some things together to make biscuits but was mostly watching America since A) she could make biscuits in her sleep and B) She is the morning watcher so it's her job to record the happenings of the morning.

The breakfast feast came together, a meal of delight. Cassidy helped Alfred load it onto a cart they used to serve breakfast. They went through a door and a grand dining room was shown.

The table was large, it looked like it could seat 100 people. The redwood was beautiful, the table looked to be handmade. The chairs were a matching shade of beautiful red and had softer white cushions.

A few states were already congregated there, sipping a drink of their own choice. Most of the thirteen were up, sipping coffee or tea in Angelina's case, the Virginian loves tea to death. Petra wasn't there, she was probably still buried in a mountain of sheets. A few of the others were awake as well, the younger states either woke up early or woke up late. There was no in-between.

The thirteen were quick to help their mother set the table, 70+ plates were set out. Silverware was set accordingly, Alfred's was set specifically for a left-handed person seeing as Alfred is left-handed. Cassidy made sure she was looking that way as it was set.

"Breakfast is ready!" America calls in a tone that wasn't necessarily loud but commanded the same respect nonetheless.

The house shook, it literally shook and one who didn't live here might've thought it was an Earthquake. However, when you have lived here for decades it's usual morning chatter. Kids came from the many different doors, pouring in.

Cassidy was making her plate when it was snatched from her grasp by a familiar Michigander.

"Thanks, Rado!" Torrie said leaving Cassidy to sigh in agony. Cassidy however, had other priorities as the other parent of the household entered.

Russia, we'll call him Ivan came in peacefully. He was wearing a sweater and the ever-iconic scarf, he sat next to Alfred and gave the tired American a kiss on the cheek. Alfred smiled at him happily, love was overflowing from his blue depths.

Ivan gets his food and soon, breakfast began. Cassidy got a new plate (that wasn't stolen) and ate like normal, she made sure to watch the parents just as much as her siblings.

If you looked close enough, you could see Alfred's plate looked quite barren. Maybe one egg and some bacon at most. There was a quiet conversation going on and Cassidy narrows her eyes, a way of getting the camera to zoom in.

A quiet conversation was happening between the two and Cassidy was just close enough to hear it.

"Fredka, you should eat some more. Just a small little bit." Ivan said softly

"No, I'm fat enough Vanya. I don't need the extra calories." Alfred said making Ivan visibly depressed.

"Please Fredka, you're not fat. You're perfect the way you are and a little more food will never change that." Ivan said soothingly

Alfred looked unsure but relented and grabbed a small piece of toast. Ivan seemed pleased enough, the states looked happy too, seeing their mother eat more.

Alfred has always had problems with his weight, half because of the words given to him by the nations in a moldy old box of bullsh- and the other because of American's like him who have problems with their weight. So, even the slightest amount added to his regular diet of practically nothing helps.

Breakfast is over soon after and nothing else really happens that morning, usually, things turn to sh-ehem crud at noon when everyone is officially awake.

Alfred leaves to go care for the babies and Cassidy stalks him like a shadow, she of course has the other states on her side to help hide the fact she's following him.

The actual nursery footage was taken by the backup cam that is Hawaii, she loves crawling in the vents and now is no exception. Then, Cassidy follows him to the study where he starts on a mountain of paperwork on a once organized desk.

That's when Cassidy nods at Texas and said boy fixes his hat in turn. That is how they know the official shift change is happening.

The screen fades the black with what looks like a snowstorm.