1

alex

"so like, here's my number. just text me if you have any questions," luke tells me who is now my new partner for this business project we have to do.

"alright, sounds good," i say grabbing the piece of paper from him and quickly hurrying out of the class and back to my dorm.

i have 45 minutes between now, and my next class. quicker i get back to the dorm, more time i have too nap.

the rest of the day goes by fairly quickly before i'm back in my bed, now working on the shared google doc me and luke have to finish in a couple days.

"i'm going out to get food. want anything?," my roommate brooke asks.

"depends, where you going?" i question, not taking my eyes off the computer screen.

"panda express?" she responds instantly making me perk up.

"yes! a bowl of orange chicken and fried rice. thanks so much brooke" i say as she shrugs it off and walks out the room. "i'll venmo you!" i shout after her.

i definitely won't be venmoing her which i'm sure she knows by now.

i  looked back down at the computer to see luke writing absolute nonsense. it had nothing to do with the topic we were assigned.

we had to write a 10 page essay on how artificial intelligence and technology will affect the business world. i have no idea why we couldn't do it on our own. it's going to take twice the time with luke as my partner.

i grab my phone, taking out the piece of paper that luke gave me awhile ago.

i type in the number fairly quickly before sending an annoyed message.

billie

130-853-8539: luke, the hell are u talking abt? it's artificial intelligence taking over the business world not fukin robots coming to earth and killing us all.

i snort at the text i just received, re-reading it in amusement.

billie: what? i could have sworn we were talking about robots taking over earth. it sounds way cooler anyway

130-853-8539: i literally can't tell if ur joking or not. pls tell me ur not serious.

i laugh at the text, deciding to stop messing with whoever this was although it was very amusing. they seemed clearly annoyed.

billie: lmaoo, im playing. this isn't luke. i think u got the wrong number. but still, i think robots taking over the world is a lot cooler

130-853-8539: oh shit sorry lmao. and trust me i would much rather talk abt robots taking over the world too. but i need a A in this class.

billie: fuck school. what grade u in?

i get random texts every once in awhile by mistake, and i never respond, if i do its to simply say you got the wrong number and never respond again. but i'm bored as hell and this dude seemed interesting so i decided to go along with it.

130-853-8539: freshmen at university of south carolina hbu

billie: im homeschooled but i would b a senior in highschool rn