I Had This Problem...

Patton landed in the dimmer room. Janus was standing, a hand extended, having been the one who summoned him. Remus was sitting on the couch, swinging his legs and smiling like a child.

Janus nodded to him.

"Patton."

"Hi! When is you alls' birthdays?"

"Huh?"

"June 4!" Remus answered.

Patton registered this.

'But that's Roman's- Oh right.'

"That isn't the first question I thought I'd be answering...?" Janus says, looking baffled.

Remus answers for him, "He's the third of Feb'."

"Alrighty, I'll just make a mental note of that." Patton says as he conjures a notepad and pen to write the dates.

"You said a 'mental' note...?" Janus states as a question.

"Mm?"

Patton drops his 'Cool Dad Notepad' and it gets sent back to his room.

Janus watched as it faded away. "...Nothing."

The counterparts' eyes met for a split second, until the moral side remembered another question.

Stiffening his back, Patton asks, "Janus... how will I be able to tell when you're lying?"

The other let out a breath through his nose in a laugh. Remus watched for his answer with a quirked smile.

"I don't lie unless I need to, Patton. It's much easier for me to not lie here. The most you'll probably get when I'm not on the lighter end is some sarcastic bullshit."

"Besides, the last time I lied in front of Remus," Janus added, defeated, "He lit my pants on fire."

"Huh?"

Patton turned to the seated side, expecting that to be a lie, but The Duke just sat trying -though failing- to hold in laughter.

"Liar, liar, plants for hire~" He rolled his eyes.

"Spongebob quote?" Patton mumbled in awe.

"Don't worry about me lying. Remus will probably let you know," Says Janus.

"Now for seriousness!" Remus shouts to change the subject, "Jan, a drink?"

"Cranberry juice," Janus says, not as a request, but stating that that's what he's getting for Remus. "Patton, do you want something?"

"Ah..." Patton contemplates, before realizing he doesn't know what they have, "What is there?"

"Whiskey, wine, though it might be a bit early for that... juice, some coffee, I think..." He trails off.

There are a few clink-y noises from the kitchen, which concerns Patton until he sees a pair of disembodied arms fly from one end of the room to the fridge.

'That's an image I never thought I'd find disconcerting...'

"Can I have some cranberry juice, too?"

"Certainly."

Janus took a seat next to Remus and offered another spot to Patton. An arm flew to Patton with a cup of juice, then another one for Remus. Janus is most likely making coffee, judging by the sounds in the kitchen.

Patton looked between the others, trying to muster some courage. It's not exactly his strong suit, but he puts on an apologetic smile.

"Sorry I'm making this so difficult... You guys are being nicer than I deserve-"