A Mistake? Or On Purpose?

Today's the day.

Reid knew it was time, he just had to wait for the right moment. This case for instance, was a good distraction. It was a highly trained soldier from the military who retired and was killing off prostitutes right after he escaped a mental institution. He was clearly a psychopath. Garcia had finally located his cell phone's signal and Reid, Hotch, and JJ drove all the way over to his house with SWAT.

Hotch and Reid went in first, while JJ slowly followed. Hotch took the upstairs, JJ took the kitchen, while Reid went down to the basement.

He slowly walked down to the cellar, his heart rate beating rapidly with the stairs creaking beneath him. He held his gun out firmly in front of him, trying his best not to let his hands shake the barrel. He felt the bead of sweat at the side of his face and a stray lock of hair was out if place, annoying the crap out of him. He made it to the bottom of the staircase to see only pitch black. He lowered his gun out of pure stupidity, and searched the room completely blind for a light switch.

He didn't even hear JJ come down soon after until,

"REID!!!!"

He spun around, gun at the ready for anything. His eyes couldn't even blink as he heard the gunshot.

And it all went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The repeating sounds of gunshots woke Morgan up back at his army base and he scurried along with many other men to get dress and to find a gun. Morgan hurried to put on his helmet and ran out of the tent. The sounds of men and women dying as they screamed in agony went in one of his ears and out the other. He didn't have time to freak out and pity the dead. He needed a gun to fight back, and to bring all the wounded to safety.

Finally, he made it to all the ammo and grabbed the closest gun he could grab, and sprung into action.

About a couple hours later, after Morgan's camp was ambushed and everyone either died or fought back, the terrorists finally fell back, and Morgan was in the medical tent, bandaging his own arm. He was only shot once; barely left a mark.

"Derek Morgan!"

Morgan stood quickly and straightened his back. "Sir yes sir!"

"You have a communication call from a woman at your old station. Penelope Garcia. She said she wouldn't stop calling until she talks to you."

"Penelope?" Morgan's eyes widen as he spoke mostly to himself.

"Yes. Better come with me. She's starting to piss me off." His general grumbled slightly as he turned around and walked out of the tent.

Morgan took a moment to digest this and chuckles slightly at such a surprise. But then again he can only wonder why all of a sudden his best friend decides to call.

'Something must be wrong...'

When he answered the phone, she sounded like she's been crying.

"This is Derek Morgan."

"H-Hey, eyebrows. Never...Never thought I'd hear from you again."

"Baby-Girl? Hey...Hey, why you sound down?"

"You never call. Never write. Hell, you never even sent a text I was beginning to worry about you and then this happens and I-!"

"Woah woah woah, slow down, princess. What happened?"

"Morgan, Reid was shot."

It just came out of the blue. Garcia didn't even stutter. The minute the words left her lips, Morgan's world suddenly slowed around him, as he comprehended what she had just said.