Regrouping And Remembering

Garcia's recovery was...interesting. After waking back up in her office chair with Reid supporting her, she smacked him and lectured him while her mascara ran down her face as she cried. Soon, after Reid counted almost an hour of lectures, she hugged him so tight and lovingly, he could've snapped in two. He went back to the motel that night, smiling from ear to ear. He picked up the phone and dialed Emily's number.

"You DO know its three in the morning where I am, do you?" Emily moaned into the phone.

"Sorry."

"...How'd it go? Please tell me you called with good news and not more whining."

Reid chuckled. "Wish you were there to see Garcia faint."

"Oh my god she WHAT?! Did you video tape it?"

"No. My bad."

"Damn it. That would've cost millions on AFV."

"What's AFV?" Reid asked innocently.

"America's Funniest Home Videos." She moaned.

Reid chuckled and it was followed by Emily's laugh in the speaker.

"Well Reid I'm glad they took it well. I'm happy for you."

"Yeah..." Reid trailed off as his smile faltered. He blinked a few moments and gulped loudly. "Uh...he didn't take it well."

"Oh. Well, he'll come around. It took him awhile to get over me being there again, so give it time."

"By the way, be prepared to be showered with phone calls and questions in the morning." Reid warned with a serious tone. "He uh...kind of flipped out when he heard you were involved."

Emily sighed in frustration, "I'll handle him."

"Thanks Em. For uh...having my back." Reid scratched the back of his neck.

"No problem, Dr. Reid." Emily chuckled, "See ya later."

"See you soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next four months, Reid has been excepted back into the family and got comfortable again being back on the job as the team's genius.

But Morgan hasn't talked to him, unless it was about the job. They had small talk about an Unsub, and then go their separate ways. They didn't even act like friends anymore! Just a couple strangers working together.

"You've seen the football game last night?" Morgan asked glumly once, just to strike up a conversation.