All My Fault

He was done with the military. It was the reason why Reid was killed, and Morgan couldn't have been there to save him. For the past weeks he's been in their once shared apartment, before he left to Iraq. He listens to Reid's voicemail just to hear his voice, and every time it's the same tone, same sentence, same Spencer who has long since passed:

"Hi you've reached Dr. Spencer Reid. I'm not available right now so please leave your name and number and I'll get back to you shortly."

One time, Derek forgot about the past painful months for two seconds and left a message.

"Hey Reid it's me. Uh...why aren't you answering your phone? You okay? Can you call me back? Thanks."

And as soon as he pressed the end call button, he suddenly remembered. And he cursed at himself for being a fool for leaving a ghost a voice message. Then he'd start to sob at his stupidity at how much he misses the insanity of listening to Reid's ramblings.

His mother and sisters would call, since Garcia's told them everything, but he's never answered any of their calls. And that scares them. A lot. Fran Morgan began to wonder if her baby boy would always be like this after a month of unanswered phone calls.

Hotch was suspicious about how hard Morgan was taking Reid's death, but he didn't question it. He gave the team a week off, but Morgan took longer, and Hotch let it slip. One time he came to Morgan's apartment and realized he wasn't there. Hotch found that odd and went to the first place he thought of: Reid's apartment.

Turns out Morgan was paying for both his and Reid's apartment bills. He couldn't let the place go. It was filled with memories. But he didn't want to stay in it either. The nightmares usually occurred when he'd spent the night there, just to smell Reid's bedsheets at night. He always loved Reid's scent.

Hotch was actually shocked when Morgan answered the door to Reid's home.

"Morgan?"

"H-Hotch! I-! I..."

"Is this where you've been the past couple of weeks?" Hotch questioned. Morgan hated it when he profiled him.

"N-No!" Morgan snapped and then soon corrected himself, remembering that he was talking to his boss. "I just came here to pack up some of Reid's things to send to his parents. Diana asked for some of his books and William wanted his pictures."

Hotch found it odd when Morgan called Reid's parents by name, but didn't mention it. He was more concerned about Morgan himself.

"Do you want some help?"

Morgan clenched the door slightly as he guarded the doorway, deep in thought. "I...guess that'd be great."

"M'kay. Where do we start?" Hotch asked gruffly as he stepped inside, past Morgan.

Surprisingly, Reid's place was a mess. Books were flown everywhere and his clothes drawers were opened with his clothes spread out across the floor. Reid only had this place messy when he was grieving or having a nervous break down. But seeing that Reid no longer lived here...

This could only be done by Morgan.

Morgan stuttered, slightly embarrassed by the mess. "Uh...y-you can start on the book shelf? I'll pack the clothes."

"Alright."

Hotch should've volunteered to do this when he wasn't in his work clothes. That tux was really uncomfortable when it came to the heavy lifting bit he agreed into helping Morgan with moving the book shelf aside.

"Now why'd we have to do that for?" Hotch huffed slightly.

Morgan didn't answer as he went to the wall that was once covered by the bookshelf. It had a patched-in spot in the shape of a large square. It was plastered over something hallow and Morgan, with an angered fist, busted the wall open.