Memories

Yerin's POV

Maybe ignoring her is the right thing to do. I wanna forget my feelings for her. It still hurts and I don't wanna slumped in dilemma and endure this hurtful situation.

It's been one week since that day and I apologized to Mino for what Sinb did. Good thing that he understands though.

"Noona, what is a catalyst?" Gyu asked while writing on his notes. I placed the book that I'm holding on the table and faced him.

"You haven't encountered that word before?"

He suddenly shook his head while scratching his head then smiled awkwardly.

"It's because...I'm not listening to the teacher. Hehe."

"Aigoo!" I said as I snapped my fingers. I pinched his cheeks and started explaining to him.

"A catalyst is something that can increase or decrease the rate of a particular reaction. It alters the rate of reaction."

"Hmm....so if I'll do my experiment and the reaction is very slow, can I put some catalyst to it?"

"Yeah, in order for the reaction to react quickly."

"I'm curious, noona. Do we also have a catalyst?"

"Yes, we have catalysts inside our body and these are called enzymes. These are biological catalysts inside our bodies. Enzymes do amazing tasks like converting the food we eat to energy, and maintaining and repairing our cells," I explained that made him amazed.

I took my phone and showed him a video.

"I'll show you some of the chemical reactions," I spoke as I clicked the video.

"Whoah! What's that, noona?"

"It's called the Golden Rain."

"Golden Rain?"

"The 'golden rain' in this reaction is actually crystals of lead iodide. Like with rain clouds, chemists use the word 'precipitation' to describe what happens when a reaction of liquids forms a solid that falls out of the solution."

"Whoah! This is awesome, noona! But what are these solutions?"

"Lead nitrate and potassium iodide. As you can see, they are reacting. The lead and potassium essentially swap places to form potassium nitrate and lead iodide."

"Whoah! This is fascinating! How did this happen?"

"While the starting materials dissolve in water, the golden-yellow lead iodide does not and crystallizes instead, forming the swirling shower this reaction is named for--------"

My words were interrupted when my phone suddenly rang.

"Noona, someone's calling."

I quickly took my phone and I saw Sowon unnie's name.

"Yeobeoseyo?"

[Yah Yerin! You have to come here! Something bad happened to Eunha, please hurry up!"]

With that, I immediately ended the call and fixed my things.