s i x t e e n

tw: violence, drugs, mentions of overdose

j e s s i e

i sighed as i tapped my finger quickly and repeatedly on the desk, staring at billie. she was turned around in her desk, facing me, and giving me a cocky smirk.

"could you tap a little quieter?" matt asked from beside me.

"i'm sorry, are you trying to overcome a nicotine addiction?" i snapped.

"sorry." he muttered.

i let out another sigh as i let my head fall and hit the desk, then i proceeded to let out a low groan. "no, i'm sorry, matt. i didn't mean to snap like that. this is just a lot harder than i expected it to be."

"you've got this, jess," he assured. "you've gotten through a lot harder shit than this."

i lifted my head to shoot him a small smile. "thanks, matthew."

the bell rang and i shot up, grabbing my bag that i had already put my binder in. "bye, matt, see you this weekend."

i walked over to billie, grabbing her hand, and quickly leading her out of the classroom.

"where are we going?" she asked as i pushed through people, making my way down the hall.

"i really want to vape right now, so," i pulled her into a storage closet, pushing her against the door when i shut it and placed my hands on either side of her head. "i figured that i'd kiss you instead. that cool?"

her blue orbs scanned mine for a moment, a flustered look on her face, before mumbling a small "yeah" and leaning in, connecting our lips. i moved my right hand from beside her head to hold her chin, keeping it in place as i turned my head to deepen the kiss. she placed her own hands on my head, tangling her fingers into my hair.