Chapter 3

After making my way to my room I began to unpack mine and Emily's things. I and Emily are sharing a big, turquoise painted room. There is a double bed underneath the window. A wardrobe next to the door, that was white. This room has a desk that I can use as my drawing station. I just finished unpacking when my phone rings.
Me-" Hello. Is Emily okay?"
Uncle-" Yeah she's fine. It's not easy to say this but we have to go home."
Me-" Okay that's fine..."
Uncle-" Without you. Your mum has threatened to take you. We told her no but she hasn't listened. She is coming to the house later to pick you up. But she doesn't know that you won't be there."
Me-" Then where am I meant to go?"
I'm on the urge of crying.
Uncle-" I spoke to the Mills family and they said you could stay with them for as long as you want."
Me-" Okay..."
Uncle-" We are going to get our stuff once Emily can leave the hospital. I have to go now bye."
Me-" Okay bye."

The phone call ended. Streams of salty water run down my face. "Well isn't this just great. 1) my mum has threatened to get me. And 2) I have to live with a family I barely know." Just as I finish delivering the sentence, someone clears their throat. I turn round and see Max standing in the door frame. He slowly walks over to my bed and sits down next to me. He wraps his arm around my shoulder.
Max-" Hey it will be okay. You have me and my idiotic brother to cheer you up"
Me-" Yeah you and Harvey have a gift."
I place a smile on my face and Max pulls me closer to him and rubs my back. Wiping my tears away, I placed Emily's clothes in her suitcase one by one. To my surprise, Max lends me a hand.
Me-" Thanks, Max. It means a lot."
As we Pack her things we talk about the most random of things. We end up on the topic of our favourite artists.
Max-" Mines Ariana Grande. Who is yours?"
As he deliverers the question he zips up the suitcase. He deserves to know that it's him and Harvey.

I must have zoned out because Max waves his hand in front of my face.
Me-" Sorry about that... and sorry I didn't tell you sooner. But my favourite artist is you and Harvey."
I wait nervously for his response. My mind goes through all the possible outcomes.
Max-" Well. That explains why when we met earlier you looked excited."
He laughs which I find cute. I don't notice at first but I bite my lip. It begins to sting, Max looks very worried.
Max-" Stephanie your lip is bleeding. Like a lot!!"
I cannot help but see the cuteness that comes with his concern. Max gets up and holds out his hands. I give him a confused expression.
Max-" We are going to get that cleaned."
Taking his hand we go to the bathroom.

Max makes me sit on the toilet seat. He opens an antibacterial wipe and puts it on the cut. It stings like hell. I wince at the pain it brings. Max lets out a little laugh.
Max-" It's gonna hurt but at least it will not get infected."
I smile up at him. I know we have only officially met but it feels like I've known him my whole life.
Harvey-" Max your not a kid. Next time you use the bathroom close the door."
I giggle to myself at Harvey's assumption.
Max-" What? I am cleaning Stephanie's cut!"
Harvey-" What happened?"
Me-" Well I bit my lip and it bled."
I sarcastically say. Max laughs and Harvey rolls his eyes.
Me-" It's not funny. It was your fault anyway."
I cross my arms.
Max-" Your lips will be swollen for a few days but it will go down eventually."
He sounds like a doctor which makes me laugh.