Chapter 2: The preparations

In the morning

"Ughh time to get up." But Rani was sleeping soundly on his chest. "Rani are you going to get up?"

"No." A quiet and soft voice replied.

"Oh well you asked for it." He said with a smile.

Kion got up and put Rani on his back then he went outside. Then he put her down and went a couple feet away from her. Rani felt really cold all of a sudden. She quickly got up and realised she was outside.

"Why am I outside?"

"Well... You didn't wake up and you can't sleep in so I figured if you felt a chill go down your spine you might feel better."

"Okay......" She said with a confused face.

Kion realised this and said, "What, did I say something wrong?" He asked with aconcerned look. "Ummm. Earth to Rani. Do you read me over." He said trying to get her to come back.

"Huh. Oh yeah."

"Something's troubling you."

"Yes... No... Maybe... Yes."

"English."

"Okay okay. So I was just umm looking at that cloud." But she knew the real reson. It was Kion's birthday and she was thinking of a real supprise as in party surprise. "So Kion what will you be doing today?"

"Oh today I need some help to know how to rule as two things. Number one how to be a king. Number two what do I have to do as king."

"But don't you know from the Pridelands?"

"No. Kiara was always been given the lessons and I was leader of the Lion Guard. And here and Prideland's traditions and things are different. And 1 thing you have to know about me."

"What's that?" Rani asked curiously.

"In my whole life I've only agreed to three traditions in my whole life. But I have a felling that's about to change right now."

"Oh yeah it is. Come on I'll show you them." First Kion entered then Rani entered but just before she entered she looked right then she nodded her head signalling that she is going to keep Kion busy for the entire day until it's part time.

"Okay signals done time to supprise Kion with his first and best supprise party ever." Fuli whispered to herself.

She ran and ran and ran to a spot." Everyone listen up!" This shouting cought everyone's attention. "Kion's gone for the entire day so we need to make his birthday like no other."

"Got it." Everyone said.

Back with Kion and Rani

The had just finished all the rules and traditions.

"Wow." Kion said.

"Wow exactly." Rani added.

"I'll go check on the guard." But just before he left Rani pounced on him. " Hey what was that for?" Kion asked in a playful tone.

"Oh nothing. But I still pinned ya."

Kion chuckled before saying. "No one can pin me." Then he turned over causing Rani to fall.

They both continued playing until it was sunset. 

"Hey Kion. Wanna go for a nice peaceful walk around the Tree of Life."

"Sure." Kion said.

After a bit they just entered a jungle until...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KION!" Everyone shouted in unison.