Through the Years

Over the next few years Jennifer fell into a pattern.

Her parents left for Charlie or work and they would leave her alone. She would start her mornings with physical training, followed with knife throwing and sword fighting. Next would be practicing new spells. Then lunch and following that dueling. Dinner followed and then reading until midnight. From midnight to 3:00 AM flying and then sleep.

It was an endless circle. Sleep, train, eat, repeat.

It only got worse when she finished muggle pre-school at age 8. Her parents didn't know, but she was no longer going to school.

She saw no use in going to muggle high school, especially at her age. Instead she requested a library pass from the local library, which she was granted. Every week she would go there one afternoon to read and exchange her books for new ones. She leaned about math, physics, writing, art, chemistry, and all sorts of other subjects.

She was now 10 years old and extremely bored.

Now fluent in 21 languages, including French, Spanish, Japeneese, Chinese, German, both old and new Greek, and, most important of all to a witch, Latin, she really didn't see a point in learning more languages.

Her physical training had reached its peak for now, the only thing limiting her to further train her body being her age.

Her knowlage on magical theory was about as complete as it could be, having studied all subjects that interested her, and then some.

Sneaking out was no longer a challenge either, and it had stopped being a challenge years ago. Last time her parents actually caught her was, well, never really. They just suspected it, but after so long of dodging her parents that was no longer a problem either.

She had taken to occlumency and legilimency lately, but even that wasn't enough for her to keep her from being bored to death.

There was only so much one could do by themselves. So, to battle the boredom she had recently taken to go to a nearby fight club. And with nearby she meant 20 km south. Whatever. Potato, tomato, right?

The men there had first completely ignored her, until she joined her first fight herself. That gave them a completely different impression of her. The man she fought, nearly three times her length and four times as wide as her, laid dazed on the floor where he had been put not even a minute into the fight. The girl first dodged every punch or kick he threw at her, before she lifted herself on his back and used her legs to turn his momentum against him, plomply planting him face first on the floor.

After that fiasco she became a favorite in the club, the days she fought were always the busiest. Apparently it was very amusing to see grown men get floored and / or knocked out by a 10-year-old girl. Jennifer didn't mind. It was very refreshing to see that there were people who liked to see the real her, even if it was just to win bets to unsuspecting newcomers.

There was once a man who called foul play. He was dared to enter the ring with her in it.

He left the club with a broken nose, cracked cheekbone and heavily wounded pride while the other men laughed at him. It left Jennifer very amused.

She thought the fighting was good practice and the money she earned for each fight she won was not bad at all, especially if she fought more as one each night. The money she earned was used to buy more weapons, she had finally saved enough money to buy herself a proper sword.

It wasn't anything fancy, but that was the point. A simple, yet elegant design for the sword with no fancy stones of any kind, leaving it very light. After adding runes to it and making a sword holster for over her shoulder, she made it so that if the sword was placed in it and on her back, both the sword and the holder would be invisible.