Christmas and Crime

The troll incident quickly became a legend amongst students. No one knew who had rescued the young Gryffindor, for her head injury had led to some memory loss for a week before the incident happened. Even the professors were at a loss at who could have saved the girl.

Inwardly Jay was smirking.

The weeks leading up to Christmas were filled with reading more books and training some more. She was at the top of each of her classes, even potions because the professor knew that if he gave even a single unfair grade he would be suspended from both Hogwarts and the Potion's Guild.

While Jennifer was having no trouble keeping at the top of each class, Charlie had massive trouble even passing. But honestly, what did he expect? That he could just spent no time on school work yet still get good grades? Even the teachers were starting to get worried about his lack of progress during classes.

Anyways, this Christmas would be awesome. For the first time since she was five her parents would be home for the holiday, and she was excited. After all, which child didn't want her parents with them when it was Christmas?

Then there was also the abandoned city near the mansion, not to mention the fight club. She longed to jump from roof to roof and climb the walls there. Of course the RoR could imitate it, but it wasn't the same. Plus, it was hella fun to knock men three times her size out and have others cheer for her doing so.

In the period of Halloween to the Christmas break she learned how to fly in her animagus form perfectly. She may not have the grace of a bird yet, but she could definitely fly long distances and do so steady without crashing (like in the beginning :/ ).

Her armor was officially finished.

Black dragon hide boots. Silenced of course so that no one could hear her sneaking around. Next were ordinary black dragon hide pants and a long sleeved dragon hide shirt. Around her waist she had a belt with a shrunk down med-kit and a bottomless bag with everything she might need if she got stranded somewhere.

Next were leather straps that went from her back over her shoulders, crossed just above her belly button and went back to her back around her hips. The leather straps were filled with rune-engraved knives, perfect for throwing. On her back she carried a big leather holster for eight more knives that were placed horizontally. Over the armor she wore a 16th century cloak, for she found the cloaks nowadays too restricting. The cloaks back in the day didn't go all the way to the ground, they rather had two pointed ends at the back of a person's calf with the front open (think assassin's creed). The cloak had a hood on it, covering her hair (which she did in a braid) and part of her face.

Over her shoulder was an invisible holster for her goblin-steel sword.

Her face was covered by a piece of clack cloth up to just over her nose. The cloth was obviously spelled so that she had no problem breathing through it. Next came her mask. A bone white mask with black glass before the eyes. It covered her face up to her cheekbones, where under the eyes there were two points sticking out. With both the cloth and the mask, not a single inch of her face was visible. The mask was spelled to allow her to look out of it like there wasn't any glass at all, while others couldn't see her eyes at all.

The sleeves of her cloak were tucked into her gloves. Boy, did she love her gloves. They had a build-in wand holster on both arms, for she didn't have an arm of preference and could fight as easy with right as left. On both arms on the down side there were also two retractable knives attached, perfect for close contact fighting. On her fingers there were new pair of retractable claws, for the old ones weren't engraved with runes before. The claws that were on there now, would curse a person upon causing injury, making the area that was clawed open numb and useless to her opponent. On top of her gloves were the same three claws that she used if she needed to decelerate fast in case she fell and wasn't able to fly, or if she needed to get through a wall or something and she lost her wand. The claws were razor sharp, and cutting through thick steel was a piece of cake with them. And, as a final touch, she added a watch to her gloves, for in the magical world it was tradition to wear a watch when becoming an adult.