Déjà vu

Kylo was kneeling in front of a blue hologram, the hooded face of the Emperor took up the entirety of the small communication room. It all was very deja vu for the Supreme Leader. "Have you located the scavenger?" The Emperor's voice bounced on the walls of the tiny room.

"I have both the knights and Commander Keelor out looking for her," Ren answered, "the Commander has devised a program that will be able to track Force activity through the galaxy, if it works, it will lead us straight to the scavenger." He tried to not sound angry when he talked about Ree, he was still pissed at her and she at him. Palpatine only scoffed at the notion, Ren couldn't tell what he found so amusing about the program, it would be really helpful if it worked.

"I told you before, Ren." The Emperor's tone was that of a parent talking to their child. He looked up in confusion, those dark eyes clouded with confusion. What was the Emperor talking about? He could count on one hand all the times that they had spoken, including Exegol. Palpatine took the look of confusion and silence as a sign that he should explain further. "Back on Exegol."

"Told me what?" His eyebrows were knitted together, annoyment starting to rise, he didn't like the idea of someone playing with him.

"To beware," the memory slowly started coming back to Ren, "she is not who you think she is." Palpatine quoted himself and now Ky fully understood what he was referencing.

"I know," he nodded, "she's a Palpatine." Not really understanding why the Emperor brought it back up again. The Supreme Leader's response had only filled Palpatine with more laughter, annoying Kylo even more. "What?!" He snapped, rising from his kneeling position but that was quickly answered by a strong grip around his limbs, forcing him back down into a kneeling position. The Emperor was fearfully strong with the Force, even though they were lightyears away from each other. His laughter died out, seriousness painting the dead face.

"I thought you understood," Once again, Palpatine talked to Ren as a disappointed parent, "had figured it out, felt it."

"Felt what?!" The Force was still forcing him down, otherwise, he would have gotten up and pointlessly threatened a hologram.

"I wasn't talking about the scavenger." Kylo's face went from mad to jaw being dropped. What he was about to hear was something that wasn't meant for his ears. But when he knew it, he could never forget it.

---

The last place Ree wanted to be in was with the Supreme Leader in a conference room filled with Generals and other high-ranking superiors. Yet, there she was. The Commander sat in the chair, two places from the short end of the rectangle table. Hux sat on the opposite side at end of the table with Allegiant General Pryde opposite of him. The rest of about ten people around the table were unknown faces to Keelor. Or more correctly, she didn't care to learn the faces names. She would never have to deal with them so she didn't bother to know who they were.

The blonde had her beach waves let down. She was wearing a black quite formal outfit, appropriate for a meeting but not for the battlefield. The suit jacket had cape sleeves reaching mid-thigh and under the jacket, she wore a black polo. The pants were high waist and followed the dark theme. Even though the outfit was the last thing you wished to be wearing in a lightsaber duel, she still wore her lightsaber at her hip.

The door to the conference room was opened, Ree didn't look to see who entered. The sudden change in the wavelength of the Force was enough of a telltale. The sound of something landing on the table, practically in front of Keelor was enough to snap her head in the direction of the sound.