Ocean Mists Make Me Smile

I've been working a ton lately, and actually just finished my last shift and I'm heading back to school so hopefully I'll be more active :) 

Take care. - E

***********************

The sun along the shoreline of the ocean might be one of the prettiest sights you've ever seen in your life, and you were for sure that you'd never tire of it. Having a place along the beach was always a positive thing to you, even when it was storming out and the waves crashed against the sand, you still found the beauty even in the rougher times. 

Today was one of those days, the morning hours wandered on but the sun decided she didn't want to play today. Rain was softly falling, you could tell by the darker clouds that were rolling in that things would only get worse, but that didn't stop you from walking down to greet the waves as they lapped around your ankles with no knowledge of the impending weather. It was morning routine for you to get up early and take a little walk down to the shore, it made you feel more connected with the earth and set a good tone for the rest of the day. However, sometimes you were joined by Ruel when he wasn't too busy snoring the morning away. It was nice to appreciate the sunrises with someone. 

Ruel followed you down the sandy path from the house, coffee mug tight in his grip. It was endearing, really, to watch him grumble and groan about how "the sun isn't even awake, so why am I?". He secretly loved it though, loved how you just smiled out along the miles of water, appreciating the life you're given in that moment. You reached the waves before him, not really waiting for him to catch up because you knew his motor ran a little slower in the morning. 

Once you reached the shoreline, you slipped off your shoes. The water was going to be cold but something about it woke you up a little bit more than just the caffeine in your cup. Everything was perfect in that moment. Ruel finally caught up to you and carefully wrapped his arms around your waist even with his mug still in his hand and half-full. His hair was insanely long right now, but it didn't bother you. His little wisps from the front blowing in the wind and gently brushing over your face. 

"Such a pretty view, but I think I see something even prettier." Ruel turned his face into your neck more, blowing a little bit of hot air against you.

"Yeah? That little squirrel of a mustache does look pretty nice on you, babe." (A/N: IT IS JUST BANTER! I LOVE HIS STACHE!) You turned to him a little more to see the feigned hurt upon his face. However, you both knew you were joking, and that you secretly loved his mustache, even if it wasn't as manly looking as he hoped it would be. 

"Well aren't you just a comedian today, huh? Somebody must've slept well, I presume?" More hot air was blown against your neck, with a few sweet kisses pressed in between. 

"How could anyone sleep well when you hog the covers all night and leave me to freeze to death?" It wasn't an entirely untrue statement, Ruel did hog the covers, but only when you weren't cuddled up next to each other. 

"I was cold because somebody didn't wanna be the big spoon!" Now he had let go of you and turned to face the front of you. He had a soft look in his eyes, grinning down at you. Shit, he was so cute. 

"I'll make a deal with you, I'll be the big spoon tonight if you finish cleaning up the dishes before lunch today." A hint of seriousness was in your voice, because honestly, you just really wanted those dishes to be done. They were taking up majority of the sink and the dishwasher was already full and needed to be run. 

Not even more than a second after you spoke, he turned to sprint up the sandy path towards the house. Coffee dumped out onto the ground and mug upturned in his grip. 

And with a quick turn around he shouted to you and horizon, "DEAL!"