𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

v. NOW OR NEVER

☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚ AS SOON AS OPHELIA RETURNED HOME she headed straight for the library, scooping up the book containing the smell-masking potion, and sprinted up to her bedroom to cast it.

Carefully she found the correct page, gathering her equipment and ingredients and practising in her mind the words she needed to say.

She was beginning to become increasingly suspicious and knew that Bella was too — there was something incredibly odd about the Cullen family, be it supernatural or not.

Ophelia was determined to find out what it was.

Mumbling the spell twice, once replacing her own name with Bella's, she stirred the liquid brewing in the pot before her. As a flash of light signified it had worked, she scooped a small amount into a vial, then more into a second one, covering up the pot to show Ivan her work later.

Attaching the first vial to a string to adorn her neck like jewellery, she decided to keep the second one for future use. She couldn't exactly explain it to Bella, so chose to test her curiosity on herself first, and simply keep the second vial to further test it if she wasn't sure.

She immediately placed the vial into the front pocket of her bag, figuring she would wear it at lunch to test her theory. She didn't even know what her theory was, but all the same she wondered if her magic would cause any shift in the behaviour of the boy she couldn't help but notice she was falling for.

The nagging voice in her head kept suggesting that he was a vampire, and she had no clue where this had come from. She was sure Bella had mentioned something about vampires the previous day at lunch, and maybe this had planted the thought, but she couldn't be right. It had to have been a passing joke — Bella didn't even know about any of the other... unusual goings on in Forks.

Sure, sometimes the boys struggled being too close to them, which could be put down to blood lust perhaps? But it couldn't be, she couldn't believe that.

Why would vampires choose somewhere as bleak to live as Forks? And moreover, why on earth would Jasper be in a school full of humans if he struggled to control his thirst?

The mundanity of this town perfectly shielded the fact that the Douglas' were anything but. But vampires... that was a whole different ballpark that Ophelia didn't entirely understand.

But she tried to push this suspicion back regardless. She knew vampires existed — she was a witch, she had studied them — but she hoped her seemingly unwarranted thoughts were wrong.

Her phone ringing snapped her from her thoughts.

"Hey Bells," she almost sang as she answered the phone, knowing it was Bella as she'd told her she would call, "How are you holding up?"

"I'm completely fine, like I said!" Bella groaned, fed up of constantly being asked how she was, "I tried to talk to Edward about how the hell he saved me, but he just shrugged me off like I was crazy. What did Jasper say to you?"

"It was impossible, how quickly he got to you, and how quickly Jasper swerved me round as if to stop me from seeing it happen," Ophelia furrowed her brows as she rethought over the events of the day, "And he pretty much just said we were being crazy and that they weren't far away. I don't know, it was strange."