Notice me (Part 1/7)

@Iamadepresseedgayjoke : "Clay should be a jock and George a nerd and then the whole chapter is just Clay trying to get George's attention

@Iamadepresseedgayjoke : "Clay should be a jock and George a nerd and then the whole chapter is just Clay trying to get George's attention. Then clay gets his attention and they go on a cute date at Applebee's..."
_____________________________________________

Fluff/Highschool AU
TW: Blood

Dream's POV:

"Dude, come on!" I hollered, frustrated that Nick, wouldn't pass me the ball. Nick is my best friend, and we're co-captains of our school basketball team.

"Is someone getting mad?" He taunted, a huge smirk plastered on his face. "Just toss me the ball already, I thought we were here to practice not play games!" I whined. "We are here to practice... Practice playing a game, so you dumbo, are very stupid."
I rolled my eyes and fake laughed at his playfulness. "Dude, it's getting late..."
"Yeah, yeah whatever," Nick huffed, throwing me the ball with little force.

We were supposed to be practicing for our upcoming basketball game next Monday, but obviously we didn't get much practice in. There was more "I'm not gonna give you the ball, until you tell me who it is you like" because "I saw the card in your locker". Those were Nick's exact words.

By "the card," he means the pink, glittery card that my sister made for me to "give to the girl" that i like. Only thing is, it's not a girl. I've been fawning over him for months and constantly go on and on about his adorable almond-shaped chocolate eyes, and his cute pink lips, and his small ears, and his little hands, and his feathery hair that swoops over his forehead, and I'm doing it again...

If you couldn't tell, i have this kinda, not-so-small, absolutely huge crush on him. I was planning on giving him the card after school today. I know he always studies in the library after school on Friday; I've totally not followed him around and written down his class schedule... What?

But Nick reminded me of our imminent sports game, and I'd realised i hadn't practiced at all. I've been too busy scheming ways to ask my crush out. Ugh! I wish he'd notice me. I get countless girls trying to give me their number on the daily - a simple "Do you have a dick? No, then I'm not interested," usually puts them off - and i can't even get the person's attention that i actually want! He's so focused on his studies. Maybe i should become his new subject of study. There'd be so many practicals, if you know what i mean.

"Dude? Duuuuude?" Nick spoke calling me out of my thoughts. "Huh? Yeah?"
"I asked if you wanted to give your boyfriend his card?" Nick smirked. "He's not my boyfriend and not now." I sighed, annoyed. "Well he might be your boyfriend if you give him the card!" He thumped me on the shoulder. "Ow!"
"Oh that didn't hurt, drama queen." Nick laughed, rolling his eyes lightly. "You're right, i am a queen" i grinned, pretending to flick my hair over my shoulder. "Oh my god, how people think you're straight baffles me," Nick chuckled.

Honestly though, i don't know how they don't get the hint that i'm gay. Like, it's not as if i hide it. I don't go around blatantly screaming at the top of my lungs that i like fucking guys, but i don't avert my attraction to them either. According to some of my admirers, I'm "too straight to be gay". What the fuck does that even mean? Do they expect me to go around riding a unicorn with a rainbow horn, wearing a crop-top and fishnets, while waving a pride flag? Like come the fuck on.