Part 6- A New Guest

As Naina was getting ready for work, she heard the doorbell of the Chauhan house ring, she went to check who it could be, but her papa and Rishi were already there opening the door. Khyati and Karan were also there but paid no attention to the doorbell and continued sitting on the couch in the living room, minding their own business.

The door opened to reveal an elderly woman holding a bunch of luggage in her hands and some luggage that didn't fit in her hands, laying on the ground around her. The woman gave a bright smile at seeing NK.

"Haye! My nanu how are you?" The woman said coming inside and cupping NK'S face with both hands.

Rishi and Naina who were watching the interaction quietly, gave each other questioning looks, softly chuckling at the nickname 'nanu' even Karan and Khyati had gotten up and came to see what was happening.

"Bua ma, what are you doing here?" Nk said shocked and surprised, yes, the lady was none other than Srilekha Singh Chauhan, elder sister of Sujan Singh Chauhan.

"So are you really asking me what I'm doing in my own home? Puttar I can come here any time I want to." Bua ma said offended.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. Of course, you're welcome here anytime. I'm just surprised that's all." NK said trying to explain himself.

"Oh, okay, now tell me where my bahu is. She's always the first one to open the door but today I don't see her anywhere." Bua ma said sternly, confused about where Nirmala could be.

"Uh- She- Uh," Nk said trying to figure out what to say.

"Namaste Bua ma, I'm Naina, Karan's wife, your choti bahu, it's nice to meet you." Naina said touching Bua ma's feet for blessing so that NK won't have to answer her questions.

"Oh don't do that, come and hug me." Bua ma said stopping Naina from touching her feet and hugging her "Haye, you're so beautiful. I hope no one's evil eye affects you. And you can call me bua dadi." Bua dadi told Naina breaking the hug and smiling.

"Bua ma, this is Karan." NK said pointing towards Karan to keep the flow going and to stop Bua ma from asking any more questions.

"Oh! You've grown so much you were this tiny when I last saw you." Bua ma said gesturing with her hand about how tiny Karan used to be.

"It's nice to meet you." Karan said bending down to get blessing.

"Tell me, where is your brother? I only saw him when he was little, but he would always be around you, like a bodyguard, protecting his little brother from everything." Bua dadi said smiling, looking around for Kunal. While Karan felt his eyes water as he thought about his brother.

"And Bua dadi this is Khyati." Naina said once again diverting dadi's attention so she wouldn't ask questions.

"Oh my doll, look at how much you've grown." Dadi said hugging Khyati.

"It's nice to meet you." Khyati said smiling while holding dadi's hands in her own.

"Tell me, nanu, who is this boy?" Dadi asked NK when she saw Rishi.

"Bua ma, this is your daamaad, Khyati's husband." NK said introducing them.

"I always knew you couldn't separate your daughter from yourself. The fact that you made your daamaad a ghar jamaee doesn't even surprise me." Dadi said jokingly.

"It's nice to meet you, Bua dadi." Rishi said bending down for blessings, getting dadi's joke. "I have a feeling that we'll be fast friends." Rishi told dadi, smiling.

"I think so too." Dadi said to Rishi, smiling. "Now tell me nanu where is chotey." Dadi said referring to dadu. "And don't you dare try to distract me, again." Dadi said sternly catching on to what everyone was trying to do, but she didn't know the reason for it.

"Uh, Bua ma--- babuji--- is at work." NK said fumbling to come up with a lie.

"Oh, okay, so you mean to tell me that my bahu, Kunal, and badi bahu are all at work too?" Dadi said sarcastically. "Because the last time I checked my bahu and your wife did not go to work." Dadi said putting Nk on the spot.

"Uh dadi Nirmala maa, Kunal jeeju, and Meghna di are all doing Pooja. Nirmala maa wanted to visit a well-known temple in Goa, and Meghna di and Kunal jeeju decided to go with her. They'll be back in one day." Naina said speaking really fast and making up a lie in the heat of the moment.

Now the only question was whether or not Naina would be able to turn this lie into truth by tomorrow. Or would Bua dadi find out the reality of the Chauhan family, and how broken it was?

******
Please vote and comment if you liked this part!💕

Silent Readers please do vote!💕

Keep reading and stay healthy!❤

A.M.🙃