Chapter 2: Figuring Things Out

The room you entered looked like a classroom. You looked around. There were about 16 people there, all which you thought were the same age as you. You closed the door behind you and everybody began to stare. Then somebody spoke.

"Who goes there?"
"Hey, could you..? Yeah definitely. You're also a freshman at this school right?"
You didn't say anything but nodded. This was quite strange. One minute you were outside Hope's Peak and now...

"We're all freshman too."
A boy said.
So does this mean we're in... Hope's Peak?! (I should have said this earlier but your thoughts will be in italic)

"I see... Freshmen like us have been gathered in this classroom then."
They're my classmates then. They all seem so unique!

You walked a bit further in to the classroom.
"Um excuse me."
Everybody turned to the brunette boy who had said this.

"What is it?"
"Why are we all gathered in this classroom? No one said anything about coming here, so... is there like, an entrance ceremony or home room happening now?"
I wish I knew the answer to that...

"Actually... we were just about to discuss that matter."
A blonde and slightly overweight said. For the first time you decided to say something.
"Will anybody else come?"

"No. There are 17 desks here so obviously you're the last person, since you're the seventeenth. It's obvious if you bother to think about it."
The boy rolled his eyes.
He seems like the pushy, leader type.

"But what are we gonna talk about?"
A short brunette wearing a chefs outfit asked.
"The reason we're all gathered here in this classroom?"
"First, I need to confirm something. Out of everyone here, is there anyone who actually remembers how they came to this classroom?"
Nobody said anything.

So it wasn't just me...
"So before you realized it, you were in this classroom... Then everyone here is in the same predicament..."
This blonde boy seemed to take over the role of leader.
"No matter how you look at it, it's unnatural.Even you stupid-looking ones would agree, right?"
That's rude but he has a point. This is really weird...

"I-It sure is strange." started a girl with red hair. "Nobody actually remembers how they came here..."
She paused and then took on an angry look.
"Hey! What do you mean, stupid-looking?!"
The blonde ignored her words and kept talking.
"The moment you set foot on campus, you felt a strange dizziness, and now you're here and you don't know why. That is what I experienced before I arrived here. Am I correct in assuming that's true of all of you?"

"That happened to me too..."
You trailed off and played with your hair slightly.
"Eh?! That dizziness wasn't just me? Everyone felt the same dizziness... That's weird!"
The chef boy said
"E-Even if it's just a coincidence...it feels to good to be true..."
A purple haired girl exclaimed.

"So you're saying it's not just a coincidence,then."
"Huh?"
You said.
This is... It's getting weirder by the second.

"Meaning... we can only speculate who's responsible for this strange phenomenon."
The blond said once again.
He seems really smart.

"Hah! I don't know what you're so worried about, but that doesn't sound like a huge deal."
A huge man with a chain around his neck commented.
He doesn't look like a high school student... Is he not worried about our situation at all?
"W-What?"
You said.
I stuttered didn't I?
The man turned to you.

"What I mean is it's a minor problem. Instead of trying to figure out why we're here, we should try to figure out why we can't leave..."
Wait we can't leave?!