"Home Again"

Author's Note: I'm sorry that I've been gone for so long, there really isn't any reason or excuse that I have to give, but I'm going to begin posting more regularly again. I'll post once a week until it's finished.

The rising sun shone through the loft windows. Mon-El was asleep in he and Kara's bed, which felt exceedingly colder without her lying next to him.

All was quiet until Luna shouted, "Daddy!"

Mon-El slowly opened his eyes and propped himself up on his elbows, "What?"

"Daddy!"

Mon-El shoved off the covers and ran into Luna's bedroom, "What is it, baby? What's wrong?"

By the time he got to the doorway he saw that nothing was wrong. Luna was sitting on the floor playing with her stuffed animals. She stared up innocently at him, "Where mommy go?"

Mon-El sighed with relief, "Grandma fixed her at the DEO last night."

"Can we go see her now? Pwease?"

Mon-El grinned, "Of course we can sweetheart. Come on, let's have breakfast first though, okay?"

"No!" Luna shrieked, hopping up to her feet.

"No? Why not?"

"I want Mommy now."

"Alright, alright. How bout we pick up Noonan's on the way," He suggested.

"Otay daddy."

"Okay, let's get you dressed and then we can go."

The streets of National City were always bustling with people so Mon-El held Luna's hand tightly as they walked down the sidewalk.

Mon-El swung the door open and Luna pulled him toward the line.

They'd only been standing for a moment before James walked over to them, "Hey Mon-El, hey Luna. How's it going?"

"Pretty good. We're just on our way to see Kara."

"Oh, Eliza's fixing her up," James remembered.

"Yeah, she brought her down there last night."

"That's good. How are you doing, Luna?" 

Luna straightened her back and folded her hands in front of her, "I'm well, how are you?"

"I'm good," James replied, scrunching his eyebrows together, and turning toward Mon-El, "She been watching a lot of princess movies lately?"

"Always."

"Mhm."

"But, she'll really watch anything you put on. She prefers princesses though. "

"Does Winn turn on other random movies when he babysits?"

"Yeah, well, usually Star Wars," Mon-El smirked.

"So she's gonna be a dork too?"

"She was always going to be a dork." 

"True. Kara's a dork."

"An adorable dork," Mon-El said pointedly.

"You're pretty dorky, too."

"I'm an adorable, dorky princess!" Luna squealed, jumping into the conversation. Her deep, comet-like, blue eyes sparkled with delight. 

"Yes you are," Mon-El replied, as he swept her up into his arms. He kissed her on the head as she nuzzled her face into his shoulder giggling.

"You guys can go ahead and order, I need to get back to CatCo anyways. Say hi to Kara for me," James said.