"The beginning." [Chapter 1]

"This might be the beginning of something great." -Chapter 1

Vanya Hargreeves

Vanya Hargreeves

"Sir. Reginald Hargreeves wants the presents of his six children in his office. Now." The stern voice from the speaker boomed loudly around the big mansion of The Umbrella Academy.

"Let's go." Luther was the first one to get up from his place on the couch at the living room. Followed by Allison and Vanya. They made their way to their 'father's' office. Diego sits still on the place he previously was with Vanya. "Always the golden boy." He shook his head as he got up with a grunt.

Klaus was sitting on his bed while Ben was sitting on the couch near the bed. Klaus was laying with no care in the world, even when he heard the announcement through the speaker. "What does the old man wants this time?" He groaned. "You should go and see, Klaus. Who knows maybe it's important." Ben insisted making Klaus groan louder this time. "But I was sleeping!" He protested, lazily. "No you wasn't." Ben replied sternly. "Also, it's 4 pm. Which means Five's at the training room. You should call her too. Just to make sure she doesn't end up not attending and dad gets angry at her." Ben told him, still sitting on the couch. "Fine." He grumbled like a child. Ben just shook his head.

"FIVE? FIVEEEEE?" Klaus sang out as he entered the training room. The training room looks nothing fancy. Dim light from a small bulb adoring the big room. A wrestling ring on the corner left side, karate mats placed neatly in the middle of the room so it would look like a dojo and lots of weapon arranged nicely on a table at the right side.

"Fi-" Klaus continued before he was cut off. "What?" Your voice come out breathlessly. 'She must've been training hard.' He thought as his whole demeanour soften a little as he approached you. "You didn't hear the announcement?" His voice came out softly. "N-no. What announcement?" You asked him as you took your time to wipe the sweat off your face. He clear his throat dramatically and "Sir. Reginald Hargreeves wants the presents of his six children. Now." He mimicked the voice from the speaker. You chucked at that. "Let me guess, Luther was the first one to go?" You questioned him as you start walking to Sir. Reginald Hargreeves's office room. Klaus followed you behind closely. "You guessed it." He mumbled.

《At Sir Reginald's office》

"Since all six Hargreeves is here, I might as well tell you the reason you're here for." Sir. Reginald stated, while sitting. Eyes roaming through a piece of paper he's holding, never once looking at you or your siblings. You and your other adopted siblings stood on a straight line according to your 'code' in front of your adopted father, Mr. Hargreeves.

"What is it, dad?" Luther like the golden child he is, was the first one to speak. You cringed slightly at the word 'dad'. Sir. Reginald never was a dad to you. That's why when your siblings call him 'dad', you call him 'father' instead. Hell, he even only calls you guys by 'code'. It was your mom who gave names to your and your siblings.

You sigh. Grace. Your mom. Mom is someone important not only to you, but your siblings as well. Mom's not actually a human. She's just a robot that's been set to take care of you and your siblings when you were young.

Sir. Reginald insist that he should shut down mom as soon as you and your siblings turn into a teen but soon decided not to cause it effects The Academy. Effect The Academy? No motivation to train. No motivation to train? Can't master controling power. Can't master controling power? Can't go on mission. Can't go on mission? World would become worse than it already is.

"Nothing bad, Number 1. Not for us anyway." Reginald shook his head. "However," his voice boomed so loudly around the office. "Tyson Smith. Very well known as Kenny Omega's life is at great danger." Reginald spoke as he looked at each one of you. You noticed his eyes lingering on you and Vanya a little longer. "The only way to save him is," Reginald's voice actually made it look like he's nervous but you're sure it's just your imagination.

"The only way is, he has marry a Hargreeves."

'Now now, you've gotta be kidding me. No wonder he was looking at me for that long. No way I'm gonna get married now.' You thought to yourself. Course it can't be Allison. She's married and got a beautiful daughter named Claire. That leaves to you and Vanya.

"Now that I think about it." Reginald starts once again. Everyone snapped their attention back to him.

"I think Vanya will do the perfect match for him."

You let that sentence sink in. 'So he wants Vanya to marry that Kenny guy? Thank God.' You mentally sighed in relieve. You look at beside you at Vanya trying to read her expression. She looks pretty emotionless at this point. "Vanya, you alright?" You whisper to your sister, not wanting Reginald to hear it. Before she could open her mouth, Reginald interrupted.

"If you're wondering Five," He mentioned you. You turn your attention towards him. "You aren't a very great life partner material. Everyone is scared of you. I'm sorry but Vanya is better than you." He told you with no presence of emotion in his tone. You can't help but feel a little pang of hurt. You know. You know that everyone is scared of you cause, well you're not so nice to everyone. Soon enough, people got scared of you and even named you as 'Dark Hargreeves'.

You know what he's saying is truth but being compared to your own sister by someone who should be your 'father' hurts so bad. On the corner of your eyes, you saw Klaus hands forming into a fist. Your mouth tipped into a smile. Your brother will be there for you. No matter what.

"You're right." You slowly nodded your head knowing agreeing with him is the better choice for now.

☆☆☆

"I excepted it to be a mission or something. Didn't expected this. Man." Diego mumbled, as he plopped on the couch at the living room. "Would you calm down? It's not like you're the one getting married." Allison shook her head. Every sibling laugh expect Vanya. "In all seriousness though. Vanya, will you be okay?" Allison made her way towards Vanya. "I- I don't know. T-this is a lot to take in." She tried to explain. Allison put her hand on her sister's shoulder in the hope of giving at least little comfortion.

You face soften a little. Your heart goes out to her. She doesn't even know anything about the person she'll marry soon. Expect for the name.

"But think this in a good way." Klaus pipped in. "This might be the beginning of something great." He told Vanya, later on looking at everyone for support.

Yeah. Who knows. This might be the beginning of something great. Perhaps, a love story?