Article 2: The Photographer

~~Supermassive Black Hole~~
Muse

"I thought I was a fool for no one

Oh baby, I'm a fool for you

You're the queen of the superficial

And how long before you tell the truth?"

———
✨THE GIRL WHO COULDN'T FEEL✨
_____________
💮🥀📷🥀💮

"you really spoke your mind 🧚🏻‍♀️💕✨ never do it again 🦋✨💕"

I hit click to post. After two hours of replying to these hate comments, I finally finished, closing my laptop. I hated those types of people. The kinds who judge based on appearances. I bet most of them haven't even met him. Granted, I haven't either, but that still doesn't give them the right to bring down others.

Holy shit people are cruel. They can't see past the boy who hasn't done anything wrong and they missed the beauty of the photo I took. Grunting softly, I stood up to go grab a late-night snack. I felt robbed. I spent so much time of my life working to spread happiness across Ninjago and then people pull shit like this. God, it's so aggravating.

I am well aware of my blog's popularity, and the influence it has on Ninjago's citizens. It has been featured on the news, featured in galleries (with my consent), and gifted awards. Despite this, my goal was never to gain fame and fortune from it, even though it is a plus. It was always to help support my family. Specifically, my mother, who was struggling with an illness. I founded this blog to help raise awareness and round up funds. Because the family business ( a flower shop of all things) doesn't bring in much income.

Though it is a pain in the ass to keep my identity a secret since many artists have made attempts to peel the truth from me whenever I exchange emails. My resolve is strong though, and whenever I'm out taking photographs I am extremely careful. I make sure to wear a mask and cover anything that could identify me in a crowd.

I screw open the milk and take a chug directly from the box.

"I sure hope you plan to finish that, kiddo."
I pause mid chug, turning to look at my dad with an annoyed look. Swallowing I replied.

"Uh, yeah. Sure."
He raises his eye in question, before turning the kitchen light on.
A hissing noise escapes my throat, eyebrows scrunched up in reaction to the bright light. He groans in disappointment.
"You know, for a famous photographer you act more like a grumpy cat."
"That's because I'm a teenager, dad. Did you expect anything less?" I scoff, taking another chug of the milk.
"Did you already go out photo shooting tonight? I can take you this time if you want."
"Nah, I'm all tuckered out from all those mean comments."
"Mean comments? On your work? Unlikely." He scoffed, beginning to make a pot of coffee.

"Hardly. It was on the Lloyd picture."
My dad sighed in annoyance, putting the coffee beans into the machine.
"I told you that you'd get backlash for it, Y/N."
I shrugged my shoulders, messing with the hem of my oversized t-shirt.

"I've dealt with worse. And I honestly couldn't give the slightest fuck about what people think about my work. Never did, to begin with. If what I do doesn't make people happy then sucks to suck I guess."
My dad turned to smile at me. He pretended to wipe away a tear.
"That's my girl. See this? It's liquid pride."
"Hah. Thanks, pops. I appreciate it."

"No, I'm being serious. Most kids your age would just listen to all of the hate and disregard all of the good they do. Your generation is super special, and everyone in it has opportunities, they just need to believe in themselves."
"Jesus Christ, since when did you become a public speaker?"
"Hey." He scolds. "I'm just calling it how it is."

"Well, I think that if people thought twice before hurting someone else this world would already be a thousand times better than it is right now. Like, seriously, is it really that hard to just mind your damn business?"

"While you make a good point, not everyone can be as benevolent as yourself, Y/N."
"Aha." I raise an eyebrow, leaning against the refrigerator. "Is that sarcasm I hear? That's so unlike you, dad."
He locks my head in his arm and rustles my hair, causing me to let out a screech.

"Dad! The milk is spilling!"
My father grins mischievously, grabbing the carton and bonking me on the head with it.
"Alright, that's enough messing around for tonight. You have a visit with your mom in the morning."

"Okay. I'll see you later then. Maybe in an hour." Turning to leave the kitchen I wave at him from behind. Suddenly I felt the urge to go out and take some more photos. Yeah. I'll do that. It's a beautiful night, and I don't know when I'll get to do this again. It's forecasted that it will be raining all week. I hear someone yell after me.

"Hey, no. Get some sleep."
I raise my eyebrow and purse my lips.
"Sleep is for the weak."
"-And you are very weak. Go to bed." My dad says, pointing a finger near my face. I slap it away, smiling softly.

"If I'm not back before morning send a car out for me."
"Seriously? You're going out now?"
"Hell yeah! You said I could."
My dad groans quietly, giving in.
"Fine. You'd better be back before 5 o hundred though. Don't be late. I will be waiting."

"Aight, Pops." I give him a quick kiss on the cheek before rushing into my room.
I suit up, slipping on my jacket and mask. While rubbing my eyes I put my boots on, thinking ahead.

Alright. I'll have to be quick if I want to make the 1 am tram to Southside Ninjago city. There was a place on the docks that I thought was aesthetically pleasing. Especially with the moon being full. Then I probably wanna hit up Ninjago's main park to take a picture or two of the water fountain and benches. After that, I don't know. I'll see what happens.

Throwing on my backpack and turning on my phone tracker, I cracked open my window, looking left and right before hopping into the streets of Ninjago.

Hopefully, tonight's photoshoot will help blow off some steam. The audacity of people never fails to amaze me, especially when those people are on the internet. What's worse is that in a few weeks I will be going to Ninjago High, the asshole capital and pinnacle of idiocy. And since I'm new, I'll have no friends that'll stop me from blowing a fuse.

This year definitely should be interesting, tell you what.