Article 3: The Encounter

~~Pleaser~~
Wallows

"For sake of conversation

Could you read the writings on my sleeve?

'Cause that's the best you're gonna get

So maybe I had better leave"

———
_____________
🎍🏔🥡🏔🎍

For all you moms who have sons of warlords I have some advice: do not enroll your children into Highschool. But Lloyd, you might inquire, my child needs an education! Homeschool them. Trust me. As a son of an evil warlord myself, there is nothing in this universe I want more— besides a normal dad of course— than to be homeschooled.
Because if I was homeschooled, I would not have to deal with the stuff that happens to me as soon as open the doors to my school. What stuff, Lloyd? Well, as I opened the doors to Ninjago High, I watched as the whole school immediately turn on their heels to give me the ugliest stares. If looks could kill, I would most definitely be incinerated on sight. And of course, what would my daily public scolding be without the silence? It instantly got so quiet you could hear someone's heart beat. Pressing onward to my locker, I did my best to hide under my bangs as the whispers slowly broke the silence. People started to get on with their morning, as every school day was for me.

I dropped my bag on the ground and began to unlock my locker. I grabbed at random things that I wouldn't use, just to look busy.
"Hey, Garmadork!" I heard someone yell. They quickly ran behind me and shoved my hood over my head.
"Gah!" I yelped, shoving it off and turning around. A couple of girls were snickering, two teachers ignoring the whole scene and.... bingo. In the distance, two boys were dashing away while cackling. I deflated. I hate this fucking school.

"Heyy man!" I hear a cheerful voice yell out.
Flinching, I brace for another beating, only for someones arm to be wrapped around my neck.
"Ahaha! Hey, Kai!" I chuckled nervously. "You scared me."
"Oh sorry, bro." He said, chomping down on a chocolate bar he held in his free hand. "Didn't realize the bullies got to you already this morning."
"How did you know?"
He took his arm off my shoulder and gave me an dry look. "Bro you're always uptight after you come into school. Especially after the scumbags get to you."
"Nobody 'gets to me', Kai."
"Yeah sure."
I sighed, running my hands through my hair. Looking up I saw Nya and Jay turn the corner. My body instantly relaxed. An excuse to change the subject has arrived.
"Mornin' guys!"
We both acknowledged Nya, and began making small talk. Apparently Cole had detention before school for talking back to the teachers, and Zane had to tutor some kid in his Calculus class. So it was just gonna be us this morning.

Good. No offense to them, but I don't think I could handle the extra noise today. If my grandpa would be merciful on me, maybe the rest of my day could be peaceful.