Overprotective Dad

The team were currently all sitting around the table in the kitchen eating dinner when the subject of Peter was brought up.

"So, Tony when are you going to introduce us to your new friend that you always seem to be distracted by?" Natasha asks from her seat at the table. Tony violently shakes his head no before she even finished her question.

"Not happening. Nope. Never. I will not allow it. Ever." he replied very quickly, not even hesitating to think about it. He just went back to eating his food without an explanation for his decision, seemingly done with the topic.

"Any particular reason?" she asks, obviously not done with the conversation and secretly curious about his reasons. Clint suddenly let out a loud laugh that subsided into giggles to which everyone at the table gave him bewildered glances. After he finally calmed down from his giggle fit he continued to stare at Tony with an over amused expression, which Tony would not deny that it freaked him out a little.

In response to Natasha's question, Tony only sighed "There's no particular reason. Why do you insist on meeting him, you don't want to meet everyone else I know. Then again neither do I for some of them" he answered not sparing them a glance. He seemed to be the only one actually eating because everyone else was focusing on the conversation between the two and Clint was just being a weirdo and was still staring while occasionally taking a mouthful of food. When Natasha realised she wasn't going to get a useful answer out of Tony, she turned to Clint.

"Alright Barton, you seem to know the reason. Spill." she told the overly excited archer. At this, Clint looked around at everyone before stopping on Natasha with a big grin. Tony also turned to him, curious towards the answer Clint would tell.

"Tony here," he started confidently "Has his complete over protective dad mode on" he declared, and in response to the new information, Tony dropped his jaw in disgust and the rest of the table let out small chuckles of disbelief while turning to look at each other.

"For fucks sake, not you as well Barton!" Tony yells in frustration, "I'm not a bloody dad!" he states throwing his hands in the air, "Especially not an overprotective one at that!" he adds on to the end, trying to prove to himself more to the others.

"Listen" he says trying to defend himself, "I just don't want him caught up in.....whatever this is!" He states gesturing around the table to everyone. At this Sam scoffed jokingly. He was finding the whole situation hilarious and couldn't care less if he did or didn't meet this 'Peter' everyone's talking about.

"Tony, why do you always assume we are going to break everything?" Steve asked, speaking for the first time.

There was a couple of seconds where Tony and Steve just looked at each other from across the table. Truth was, Tony didn't fully believe in his statement. He just, for some reason, believed that it would be easier if the kid didn't have to be introduced to such a big group of people all at once. Maybe the selfish part of Tony just wanted Peter to himself and didn't want to share him with more than Clint and Bruce.

But he couldn't tell all them that.

So, he went for his simple, harsher reason. Like he always did when he didn't know what to say. "Because you always do" he finally said looking away from Steve, not wanting to watch any expression of hurt on his face. It may not have been completely true, but it can be difficult to introduce a teenager to a big group of famous superheroes and not not try to let their identity slip.

After a small moment of silence between the group, Clint spoke up "What did he say? My hearing aids turned off" he asked, looking around confused.

"Oh he was just being a dick to us again" Sam answered Clint's question. Small nods of silent agreement made their way round the table before Clint smacked Tony on the shoulder lightly.