L

Where had it all gone wrong?

I really didn't know.

~°☐°~

You didn't know where it all went wrong.

One moment, you were best childhood friends with Shouto Todoroki, and spent your days playing with him whenever he was not at home training. 

The next, the two of your drifted an ocean apart, acting like the day you had just met. 

Long ago, you were his tether to the world, his light in his dark tunnel. His life wasn't perfect, with Endeavor as his father.

But he made it, with your help.

And now, you were nothing. 

[F L A S H B A C K]

"Hey, [n/n]?" a small dual-haired boy asked, looking at his friend who sat to his left, gazing at her ice cream with adoration. He sweat dropped at the sparkles in her [e/c] eyes, and paused before continuing. 

"Yes, Sho?" she replied, looking up from her [f/f] treat, and met the heterochromatic gaze of her best friend.

"We'll become heroes together, right?" he asked, nervously fiddling with his fingers. The girl blinked a few times, and then burst into a fit of laughter. "What's so funny?" the small boy demanded, looking at her. He had a pink tint on his cheeks. 

"Do you not want to become a hero?" 

At this, the small girl stopped laughing, looking at the boy with a serious look. 

Well, as serious of a look an 8 year old could get. 

"What kind of question if that? Of course I want to become a hero!" declared the girl, and a small smile graced her lips. She looked into the boy's eyes, and then gave him a large grin.

"I'll become a hero with you even if it's the last thing I do!" 

"Really?" asked the boy, looking at her dead in the eye. 

"Yeah! And, you know what's even better?" she asked, and the young boy shook his head, strands of red and white flying with the action. 

"We'll become heroes together!"

[P R E S E N T]

And now, the two of you were distant. 

Of course, you still spoke with Todoroki, but it was only exchanges of advice when you sparred,  short compliments after, and small nods to each other in the hallways.

The last time the two of you had a proper conversation was back when the two of you were twelve.

Four years ago. 

"[y/n], [y/n]! Are you listening?" a loud voice snapped you out of your thoughts, and you looked up to see Mina waving her hand in front of your face. Your [e/c] orbs followed the fast movements of her hand, only to get dizzy a second later. "Did ya catch what I was saying?" 

Your cheeks darkened, and you shook your head in shame.

"No..sorry." you admitted, scratching the back of your neck. Bakugo scoffed, leaning back on his chair. "Could you please repeat that?" you asked, smiling a little.

"It's your fucking fault you weren't listening." declared Bakugo, and you gave him the sad [y/n] eyes which he always gave in to.

"I was saying, maybe the Bakusquad could go to the arcade later today!" said Mina, clapping her hands together in excitement.