Chapter 1 - Missed me?

And that was six years ago. A lot changed since then. I took Tord's advice and started working on myself. And after some time of training and practicing, I became one of the greatest spies in the Blue army.

But even after all the time, I still had the memory of him stuck in my head. It's not like we had spent more than a few minutes together, but it was just such an important moment in my life, that I couldn't help but think of him every time I achieved something. He was like my motivation to keep getting better. Because even after so many years, I still hoped I would see him again.

"Tom?" a familiar voice called and I turned around to see general Rick standing behind me, a thin file hanging loose in his hand.

"Yes, sir?" I immediately straightened my back, professional look on my face. He just rolled his eyes, rubbing his forehead with a sigh.

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Rick? We know each other for four years," he commented. I went a hand through my hair awkwardly.

"I can never get use to it, sorry," I shrugged with a chuckle, relaxing my body. "What did you want anyway?"

"I wanted to assign you with an important mission," he said, giving me a grin.

"Sounds like something exactly for me," I commented with a smug smile, crossing my arms on my chest. He just laughed, handing me the file.

"It's a job from Blue leader himself," Rick snickered. "He wants you to go on a spying mission to the White army." My eyes widened a bit at the mention but then a wide smile spread across my face. We knew almost nothing about the White army. Guess that was gonna change.

"I'm in," I gave him a toothy grin, taking the file from his hand. This was a mission made for me.

"Everything you need to know is in the file. It'd be for the best if you left earlier tomorrow's morning," he explained and I took a look at my watch. It showed 9PM.

"Sure, I'll go pack for myself, see you in a few days," I said, nodding mostly to myself. It'd be for the best if I went to sleep earlier so I'm ready in the morning.

"See you, Tom," Rick chuckled and I nodded at him with a smile before turning around and going to my room. Because although I was very excited for the next morning, I needed some sleep or it would go down the hill.

I opened the wooden door, entering my small but cozy room. I never complained about its size though. I was offered a bigger one when I was promoted, but I refused. Thit little blue room grew on me as I had been occupying it for fifteen years already.

Letting out a sigh, I closed the door and plopped myself onto my bed. The sheets bent under my weight and I allowed myself to close my eyes for a few seconds. And of course Tord was one of my first thoughts again. Every time I closed my eyes, I could see him smirking at me. I wondered how much he changed over the time. I certainly changed a lot. I became a way better soldier, more courageous and less scared of death. There wasn't much I wanted to live for anyway so if I died during a cool mission, so it be. I would at least be a hero.

I let out a sigh, sitting up on the bed. Already accepting death, huh? I was good enough to survive and gain the information we needed. I should stop being so pessimistic.

Remembering the file, I grabbed it and opened it on the first page. There were written some information we knew about the White army, such as the location of the main base and some other basic info. And my task was to expand that file rapidly. Which was exactly what I was planning to do.

I closed it again, getting up from my bed and packing some guns and clothes into my backpack along with some food. I was certain this trip was gonna be longer than expected.