Chapter 2 - Teamwork, hard work

I heard shouting, but before I could turn around and process what was happening, I was already tackled to the ground. What got into my head that I was suddenly so incautious?! Oh, Tord did.

And because of him, I forgot to look around when leaving the bush I've been hidden in. Which was a fatal mistake and it was an incredibly stupid one. How could I call myself the best Blue army spy when making beginner's mistakes.

Plus I was horribly unlucky, because someone just happened to be walking around, immediately noticing me. And that's basically how I got captured before even getting to the base. Fucking awesome...

I struggled to set myself free, but the guy gripping my hands looked like some kind of body builder, so I didn't have much of a chance.

"Look who we've got here, a fucking spy," he snickered. I felt sick in my stomach. Could I actually got myself get caught so easily? And it was all Tord's fault. If I only didn't meet him here.

Another White army soldier hurried to help his friend, smug smile playing on his face as he pulled out a rope, tying my hands together while the other was preventing me from moving with his strong grip.

"General Michael will be very proud," he commented with a smirk. And they were just about to drag me away, but as they turned around, making a step forward to the base, two gunshots echoed around and I watched the two bodies lifelessly fall to the ground. 

I quickly turned around in a shock, seeing Tord blowing the smoke from his gun barrel. He gave me a smug smirk, twisting it in the air.

"Changed your opinion?" he asked, smirking at me winningly. I groaned in annoyance, looking away, embarrassed. I knew we would be better working together, but I hated it so much. We were supposed to fight against each other, not together! And I didn't want to share any info with him, it was too risky and I was a loyal soldier. But if I actually was hundred percent loyal to the Blue army, wouldn't I kill Tord the moment I got the chance?

I took a moment to look at him. He grew up a lot, his hair darkening a bit, body nicely built. I would lie if I said he wasn't hot, but that was not important at the moment.

I could see him putting his gun into the holster, pulling out a knife. But he didn't go and cut the rope. No, he was waiting for my answer. Oh my Jehovah, I hated this so much.

"Fine. But I'm not sharing any info I've got with you, this is just so we have a better chance to survive," I clarified, letting out a sigh. Tord's smirk grew wider at my words.

"Sure, whatever," he said, obviously not believing in what I said. But he was wrong. I meant it. I was going to keep the Blue army's secrets from that bastard no matter what.

I watched him overcome the three steps between us, reaching out for the rope and cutting it with his knife, letting it fall.

"You need me and you know it," Tord stated with a smirk, hiding the knife again. I growled at him, obviously annoyed with him.

"Can you shut up for a second? I would like to continue my mission," I commented sarcastically, grabbing my backpack from the ground where it previously landed and beginning to walk away.

"You mean our mission," Tord corrected me, making my blood boil in anger. The guy was so pissing me off. This was going to be a long day.

"Stupid commie..." I mumbled angrily, walking in the direction of the main base. And Tord surprisingly followed me without any other annoying comments.

We had to sneak around the bushes so the soldiers on patrol didn't see us, but it surprisingly went pretty easily. They weren't even paying much attention, just walking around. Big thanks to the person designing this place, we'd be immediately spotted in the open.