I'm Fine (TW)

This is just a warning that if you are easily triggered by self harm then don't read this.

I stared in the mirror as my reflection looked back at me. I sighed in defeat as I looked at the sink in front of me, seeing the deep crimson that stained the white ceramic. One month. I made it one month without self harming. Now all that time is down the drain.

I felt as my tears slowly dripped down my face, watching them mix with the blood that resided in the sink. The sight of myself in the mirror was gruesome. It was no doubt I needed stitches, but I didn't care. The pain in my arms and legs was refreshing in a way I had almost forgotten about.

I stared at the deep cuts littering my limbs. Flesh mutilated like I had been a victim in a slasher film. I snapped back to reality, quickly moving to get the mess I had made cleaned up before Schlatt got home.

My arms were quickly wrapped in bandages after I had run my wrists under the sink water. I did the same with my legs, praying that the blood wouldn't leak through the bandages too bad. As I turned to wipe my blood off the sink top, a quiet knock was heard against the door. 

I froze as I heard the familiar voice of my boyfriend echo through it. "Hey once you're done I have a surprise for you." I felt my body become consumed in guilt as I heard his smile through the door.

"Yeah give me like five minutes." I said. I heard his soft footsteps pad away on the carpet as I quickly finished cleaning the bathroom. Once I was done I flushed the toilet and quickly pulled on a hoodie and sweatpants.

I made my way out, seeing Schlatts face slightly fall. I thought nothing of it and joined him on the couch, giving him a small peck on the cheek to help cover my facade. "One second, I need to use the bathroom too." he excused himself.

I watched as he walked across the room, praying that he didn't figure it out. As I heard the door click shut, I turned my attention to the TV. Netflix was open and I quickly picked up the remote to put on a show.

As I started to scroll through, I heard my name being called. I gulped as I started my way towards the bathroom, staring at my feet as I walked. I looked up to see Schlatt in the doorway, an unamused yet sullen look covering his features.

"Tell me. Why in the absolute fuck is there blood on the floor?" He asked. I looked behind him to see a few small drops of the dark substance. "I'm on my period." I quickly lied.  "Stop bullshitting me. I'm not fucking stupid. Give me your wrists." He held his hand out.

I stepped back, not wanting to be yelled at and scolded like my parents did with me as a child. His tone was already frightening enough the way it was. Tears once again began falling, hitting the soft carpeted floor as I wrapped my arms around myself in an attempt to calm myself down.

Schlatt's face soon softened. He slowly walked towards me and wrapped his body around mine. I began to shake, tears falling faster now. I felt as he rubbed my back, whispering sweet nothings to me. 

I soon began to calm down, feeling Schlatt move me so we were sitting on the couch. I was positioned on his lap as I dug my face into the crook of his neck, repeatedly telling him how sorry I was. 

We stayed like that for awhile, holding each other in our arms. I finally pulled back and looked into his eyes, seeing an emotion that I couldn't describe. "Are you okay?" he finally asked. 

"I'm fine." 

"No, you're not. So stop lying to me. You know I won't judge you so please just talk to me." He pleaded. I sighed. The truth is, I don't even know whats wrong myself. 

"I'm scared. There's so many things going on in my head and I have no idea what they mean or how I could express them. I don't know if I can even trust anybody Schlatt. You're the only person I can talk to. It doesn't help that you're always gone and I'm such an over thinker. I sometimes even worry that you're being unloyal and it doesn't help my situation."

He gave a soft smile and wiped away the tears that began to fall. "Don't think like that. I would never do that to you. I know it's cheesy for me to say but you're the best thing to ever happen to me (y/n)"

I sniffled. "I can't help it. I know you won't but the thought is always there."

"That's okay. I just want you to talk to me so we can avoid this okay? I'm so proud of you for making it this far. One month is a long time."

I gave him a smile as my heart melted at his words. "That's my girl." he chuckled. I leaned my forehead against his, feeling our noses slightly touch. 

"I bought you ice cream." 

The sentence alone was enough to slightly lift my mood. I hopped up, running to the kitchen to see bags setting along the counter. I rushed to grab two spoons and snatched the gallon before running back to the living room. 

Although my mood was still a bit low, I was still happy that I had Schlatt. But most importantly, I had ice cream now. I tore the lid off, plunging my spoon in and lifting it to my mouth. I moaned at the heavenly taste that overtook my tastebuds, going in for another chunk of the sugary food.

Schlatt watched me in amazement as I continued to shovel it into my mouth. I looked over at him and gave a questioning look. 

"Ya know, you're still absolutely stunning even when you're being an absolute slob." he chuckled. I gasped, feeling embarrassed at what he just said. "That is rude! How could you say that to a lady?" I smacked him. 

He just laughed more before signalling I had something on my mouth. I quickly pulled out my phone and opened the camera app, seeing the giant ring of ice cream circling my mouth. "Oh my god!" I shrieked. 

I heard Schlatt laughing as I ran to the bathroom to wash my face off. "I hate you!" I shouted at him, when in reality, I loved him more than words could describe.