june eleventh: for the camera

Rating: 10/10

Rating: 10/10

Type: Wattpad paid story (by writing00introvert)

External Link: Read it on Wattpad

About: This book is told from two points of view: Nathan's and Elijah's. Nathan is a famous pop singer who has never been in love. Elijah is a writer  who is struggling to provide for his family. When Nathan's management convinces him to fake-date someone for the publicity, Elijah jumps at the chance to make for money. And while things start out rocky between the two, they learn to accept their differences and become friends—and maybe even more. But they're both keeping secrets that might tear their relationship apart.

My thoughts: This book is absolutely amazing! The writing is colorful and descriptive, the characters are three-dimensional and relatable, and the plot had me on  the edge of my seat—especially after the twist near end. I loved Nathan and Elijah as individuals and as a couple, which is something that isn't true for most romance novels I read. It was bittersweet for me when I found out this book was becoming a paid story. Although I was beyond thrilled for the author, I was also upset because I don't have a way to buy it, since I can't download the app. However, for those of you who can buy a paid story, you should totally check this one out. It's one of my favorite books!