𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺

OVER THE past few days or so I'd developed quite a fear of guns, especially when they were being pointed at me by strangers who looked like they wanted to murder me. JJ wielding a gun didn't bother me because I knew him and I knew he'd never hurt me with it but on all other occasions it sent my heart slipping up into my throat. It made my chest tight.

I think I'd forgotten how to breathe when I saw the gun that was being held to John B's face. This whole plan had backfired right in our faces and now we were in some serious trouble. I knew I was right to have my doubts about this warehouse and here we were because I didn't push those doubts. Instead I let John B drive all the way out here.

"Why don't I just go ahead and see them hands in the air?" The man asked. I didn't even dare look forwards to him. I just pressed myself further into my chair, I wanted to hide but there was no where I could.

"All y'all's hands up in the air right now!" He yelled at us.

I rose my hands slightly, I didn't even know if he could see me but I didn't want to take the chance of him seeing me with my hands not raised.

"Oh my god." The words poured from my mouth, shakily and quietly. I almost didn't even hear myself but I saw Kie's eyes flicker to me and discreetly I looked at her. She looked just as scared as I felt.

"You, out of the car let's go!" He instructed John B, still holding the gun to him.

I watched my friend get out of the van slowly, trying to keep his hands in the air.

"Let them out!" He yelled and I gulped lowly. Did I try to hide in the back of the van or did I comply and run the risk of being shot?

"What are you waitin' on?" He shouted. He was hostile but he seemed on edge, almost like the rest of us, "What are you waitin' on? Let them out!"

A part of me wanted to tell him John B could only move so fast because he was literally holding him at gun point but I kept quiet. I didn't fancy getting shot today.

John B slid the van door open and the man followed him round, taking the gun off him and pointing it at us, "Go on! Go on! Let's get out the car! Let's go!"

Sarah got out first, "Here you go pretty girl, come on! Keep going!" He yelled.

Pope followed her out as the man carried on shouting at us and then Kie followed him. There was just JJ and I left in the van and I was still too frozen to even think about moving. It just instilled so much fear in me.

JJ climbed out after Kie did and he left me the only one in the van, his hands in the air and I watched his back the entire time with baited breath. I knew he'd be sharing similar thoughts to I — why don't I just grab the gun and fight him, why don't I just say something — and it made me anxious because nine times out of ten, JJ went through with those thoughts.

"We're broke—" He tried to reason but our threatener wouldn't have any of it.

"Shut the hell up!" He shouted angrily.

"All right! All right!" JJ tried to reason.

"Shut the hell up! Just shut up!"

I closed my eyes and exhaled, trying to keep my nerves at bay — of course JJ would try to say something to him, why wouldn't he?

"And you, come on." I opened my eyes to see the gun pointing right at me. His eyes were dark as he watched me and he gestured me out of the van, "Don't think I've forgotten about you pretty girl."

It took me more than a few seconds to even process what he was saying but apparently I was a few seconds too slow because he got into the van and grabbed my wrist, pulling me harshly from my seat and out of the van.