𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

WHEN KIE came back with her car it was dark and some how I'd drifted off to sleep. It must've been exhaustion from all the crying I had done because I didn't even remember dropping off until I woke up to JJ carrying me over to the car. We got into the back seat and I was sandwiched between him and John B as Pope got into the passenger seat.

As Kie drove it was silent between us, I didn't know where we were going but she seemed to know where she was heading. I had my head nestled into JJ's neck, his arm around my waist protectively when he tensed, "John B, what are we doing at the police station?"

I pulled my head out of JJ's neck and looked up to see the police building as Kie pulled to a stop, "Somebody's gotta tell them what happened." John B replied, turning his head to look at me.

Silently I nodded.

From the front seat Pope started coughing wildly and I saw the joint he was smoking on half gone.

"Ooo." JJ sympathised, "Easy there, chief."

I pressed my lips together. Pope had resorted to smoking weed, he was supposed to be the best of us and even now he was crumbling. It didn't give me much hope for the rest of us if he was breaking under it all.

He stopped coughing and JJ looked passed me to John B, "All right. I'm just gonna be real with you right now." He paused, "You might end up in the lion's den but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental, just like my old man always told me you should never ever trust cops. No matter what the circumstance is—"

"—Your old man's an abusive liar." Kie interrupted.

"Yep." I nodded while sighing.

"I agree with JJ." Pope nodded, "Fuck the police."

"You goin' to the dark side now?" Kie asked.

"When's the last time the police ever helped us?" Pope fired.

"Peterkin looked out for me, all right?" John B cut in, "Tried to, at least."

I nodded in agreement with John B, "Hell she saved my life."

"They need to know." John B replied, reaching for the door handle.

"Hey, you want me to come?" I asked my friend.

John B put his hand on my knee, "You stay here, I got this all right?"

"Okay." I nodded and John B climbed out, closing the door behind him.

He left us in silence, the only sound being Pope smoking the joint JJ had rolled for him. Had this been any other day in a normal situation I'd of asked Pope for a hit or even smoked one to myself but I couldn't even think about that right now.

I just laid into JJ's side as he traced his fingers across my arm gently, enjoying the silence while we had it.

It couldn't of been more than two minutes after John B left did I hear his panicked voice yelling out through the open windows, "Kie! Start the car!"

I sat up immediately, looking around for him, "What?" Kie asked, "John B?"

"Start the car Kie!" He yelled, climbing in and falling on to me.

"What did you do?" Pope asked.

"The cops!" John B yelled.

My heart started racing in my chest as I leaned over JJ to see the cops running out of the station, "Kie start the fucking car!"

"Shit!" JJ swore.

"Go!" John B yelled.

"Kie, drive! Go!" JJ yelled.