9

Weeks later

Outfit

*The next few weeks were amazing. Daryl still wasn’t all that great at communicating or showing much emotion but he was getting better at it. He was at least trying. He had been spending the night at Mia’s house quite a bit lately, just wanting to be around her as much as he could. And Mia loved having him around like this.

For the first time in a long time, Mia woke up that morning completely forgetting for a moment that the world had ended. The sun shone through the window, lighting up the entire room, birds chirped, and a light breeze blew through the trees. She was wrapped up in Daryl’s strong arms, his steady breathing almost relaxing her back to sleep. But she forced herself to sit up, waking Daryl in the process.

Daryl rubbed his eyes, squinting as he turned his head to look out the window. He groaned and stretched,

“What time is it?”

“Early by the looks of it,”

Mia replied, “So, what’s on the agenda today?”

“Nothin’ until tomorrow,”

Daryl said, “Tomorrow Aaron and I are gonna go recruiting. What about you? Doin’ anything today?”

“Not really,”

Mia said, “Looks like we’ve got this day to ourselves, right? What do you wanna do?”

Daryl shrugged, “I dunno. What do you wanna do?”

If only there was more to do for fun around here,”

Mia sighed, “Can’t exactly go out to dinner or dancing, can we?”

Daryl smirked, “You’d never see me dance.”

“Oh, really?”

Mia giggled, sitting up in bed,

“Well, we’ll just have to see about that. I’ll tell you what, I’ll go down to the pantry and grab some stuff to make us some dinner later tonight. You wanna come with me or do you wanna stay here and wait for me?”

“I’ll hang back,”

Daryl replied as he got out of bed and picked his shirt up off the floor, “You can surprise me with whatever you’re gonna make.”

“Perfect,”

Mia said, “Maybe I can find some more wine since you seemed to enjoy it last time.”

“Tryin’ to get me drunk again?”

Daryl said teasingly, grabbing Mia’s hand before she could get too far. She squealed as he pulled her to him, his firm chest pressed against hers, “Could work out pretty good for ya this time.”