Chapter One - Going Home

Today marked the day. As Isabella Cullen sat on the pristine couch in the home she shared with her family, she pondered what it would have been like if she had never ran. The vampire thought back to the day she had ran from her life and family, and never returned.

She thought about what her life would be like if she had never ran away from my family home when the Mikaelson mother first turned Bella and her siblings into the monsters they had become.

Would I still be with my family? Would I have ever have found love with Edward, or someone else?

She didn't know the answer to her own questions, but she definitely knew one thing for sure. She couldn't bring herself to regret leaving. For many years Bella had stayed away from her family, causing herself unending heartbreak in the process, but she was a monster who didn't deserve to belong to a family who loved as fiercely as hers did. Deep in her heart she did regret running, for almost a millennium, but then she got her beautiful daughter, Renesmee, and she couldn't bring herself to feel guilty anymore.

Bella couldn't bring herself to feel guilty anymore because if she had never ran and left her family, she would never have had her daughter, or Edward.

As the original sat there pondering, on the anniversary of the day she was changed by her mother, she thought of what would have happened if she had stuck by her siblings. Her big brothers Niklaus, Elijah, Kol and Finn. Oh how she missed them, even after one thousand years the pain and guilt didn't fade. Her eldest brother Finn, she remembered how he and Kol used to fight, either between each other or a boy in the village who had dared to talk to Rebekah or Bella. Her brother Elijah, she still held the most fondest memories of him. Since the minute Bella was born, he was the one she had been most attached to, and it remained that way until she ran. Her other brother Niklaus, even after all this time, she still remembered the smirk that used to cross his face when a mischievous thought came to mind. Many of her memories had faded slightly over time, but the memories of him comforting Rebekah and Bella when their parents weren't around was the memory that stuck out the most. Finally, her last brother Kol. Bella remembered that he used to have the best outlook on life, sometimes annoyingly optimistic. He was a joker for the majority of his life, but he was still her brother. Then there was her sister, Rebekah. As they are only one year apart in age, they were the closest. They were sisters in every way, they would protect each other, fight for each other, but mostly, we could be there for each other one hundred percent.

"Momma?" Bella was broke out of her daydream by her daughter. Bella shook her head to rid myself of her last thought before she looked down at her. Renesmee was perched on the couch beside her mother, a stuffed animal clutched in her hand.

"You okay, sweetie?" Bella ran her hand through Renesmee's bronze curls as she asked. She grinned and nodded.

"I'm okay, momma. Daddy told me not to come in here and disturb your thoughts." She looked cautiously at the door leading into the garage, Bella quickly realised that Edward must be in the garage, probably working on something with Rosalie or Emmett.

"You came in anyway huh?" Bella smiled when Renesmee looked up at her shyly through her eyelashes, she looked exactly like her father whenever she did that.

"Maybe." She muttered, directing her attention to the television, which was muted playing the local news channel.

"You are every bit your mother, Renesmee Carlie Cullen." Edward called out as he walked out of the garage.

"It's okay, you were just worried about Momma weren't you, baby?" Bella looked down at Renesmee and she nodded. Shooting a toothy grin at her father.

"You okay?" Edward asked as he sat down beside his wife.

"I'm fine." Bella smiled slightly, running her hand through Renesmee's hair. Bella sighed and moved closer to Edward, putting her head on his shoulder. It was always hard to be away from her biological family, particularly on the anniversary of the day they were all turned, but she could never return to them now it was too late.

They sat that way for what felt like hours. after a few minutes of sitting in the same position, Renesmee started to fidget so she wandered off to find Jasper with hopes he would play chess with her. Renesmee preferred you play with Jasper because he always let her in, quickly making him the favourite uncle, much to Emmett's chagrin.

"You're thinking about your brothers and your sister?" He enquired quietly. Bella sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, its kind of hard not to on this day of the year. Each year goes by, and I still can't be brave enough to find them, or to figure out whether they are still alive. How long it's been since I've seen them, and I hate myself for being happy knowing how I left things with them. Like, do they even know I'm alive?" Bella spoke quickly. Edward remained quiet, knowing she had more to say.

"I mean, do I track them down, or do I leave them to get on with their lives. What do I do Edward?"

"You need to do whatever you feel is right, love. You may have left back then, but I have no shadow of a doubt that you will all find your way back to each other one day." He spoke quietly, kissing her forehead. Bella closed her eyes and snuggled in closer to her husband.

...

One year had passed and Bella was in the exact same position. Like every other year in the last millennium, she had thought about tracking down her family and backed out at the last moment, too scared to face them.

"Bella!" Bella jumped when she heard Alice's voice echo through the house. Bella moved to stand up but stopped when she sped into the living room, Jasper on her heels.

"Alice, you okay?" Bella got to my feet hurriedly and rushed to her side. Her brow was furrowed and she took a step backwards to steady herself, Jasper held her shoulders to keep her upright.

"Alice?" Bella asked again, alarmed. She had never seen the pixie-haired vampire in such a state before.

"There's a witch." She muttered. Bella furrowed her eyebrows and lead her over to the couch with Jasper's help.

"What do you mean, Ali?" Jasper asked her, sitting at her side.

"All I saw was someone chanting, a map and Bella." Alice sighed and closed her eyes, trying to collect other pieces of the vision.

"Why is there a witch looking for us?" Jasper asked, obviously confused.

"I have no idea. What do..." Bella was interrupted when Alice gasped and her eyes clouded over.

In anticipation, Bella and Jasper waited, and after a few seconds the rest of the family joined them, waiting for Alice to come out of the vision. Finally, she gasped, she reached forward and pushed everything off the coffee table, the only things that remained was a notepad of paper and some pencils that Renesmee was colouring on with Emmett an hour earlier.

They waited for Alice to draw what she had seen, hoping it would give them the slightest inkling to what was going on.

"Who is that?" Alice tilted her head as she observed her completed drawing. Bella stood up, shocked. She moved cautiously towards the drawing and picked it up.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" Bella heard Esme's motherly tone behind her, but the words to respond to her question wouldn't form in her mouth.

The drawing showed her something. Something she knew was coming. The drawing showed one thing, one person. She recognised him immediately, he hadn't changed a day since she had last seen him, except for the suit. The drawing showed a man, an original vampire, a man that she would never forget in her long life.

"Love?" Edward spoke cautiously, moving to his wife's side.

"Elijah." She muttered. Slowly bending down and putting the drawing back on to the coffee table.

"What?" Bella heard Emmett speak behind me.

"They knew I was alive." Bella cried.

"They are coming for me." She cried again, Bella didn't know whether the tears starting to stream down her face were from fear or elation.

Edward said nothing as she stepped into his arms.