Chapter Six - Epilogue

Five years had gone by as though it was nothing. Family was reunited, relationships were made and battles were fought, but the Mikaelson family had never been closer. That was mostly due to the fact that their family was once again whole, the only person missing was their brother Finn. Although he was gravely missed by his siblings, because of the other side falling five years previous there was no way for them to bring him back to the world of the living.

Once the Mikaelson siblings had been reunited in Forks, the family fell back into their old ways with each other almost immediately. They acted like they had once acted, before they had been forced to become monsters by their mother. After the original stories were told and the Mikaelson's reasons for tracking down Bella were explained, the Mikaelsons headed back to New Orleans, with the Cullens in tow.

Once they had returned, they had put all of their time and resources into finding a solution that would make the prophesy hanging over their family's heads moot. They figured out the family part of the prophesy when Rebekah decided that she would be daggered because of the curse she was under. She temporarily fell when she was daggered by Elijah. Then they decided it would be their best course of action to take out each of their enemies one by one. If they didn't have any enemies lurking around New Orleans, their chances of eventual death would decrease drastically. The first vampire they took out was Tristan de Martel. He would have been a particularly easy target to take out, if it wasn't for the fierceness of his sister. They took the opportunity to take down Tristan when Jackson was killed. They had made a deal with Tristan and The Strix to get them down to an abandoned warehouse at the docks, it was there that Tristan de Martel saw his last daylight.

The next person they had to take down was Tristan's sister, Aurora. When they caught Tristan, they held the element of surprise when they used Cami's situation to use his own Serratura against him. They soon learned that they had to be smarter when it came to wiping Aurora from the face of the earth as she was much more cunning than her brother ever was.

They had tracked down the remaining weapon on the earth that could kill them with great difficulty. Blood was spilt when the Mikaelsons had tried to retrieve the last remaining white oak bullet. They soon came to learn that the weapon had fallen into the hands of the person they wanted to eradicate, Aurora herself. When Aurora had taken Freya the Mikaelson  response had been immediate. Klaus, Elijah, Bella and Alice had ran to her rescue. Although, Aurora hadn't counted on the Mikaelson's having a future-seeing cold one on their side and with the help of Alice, they had been able to anticipate that Aurora planned to kill Elijah. Whilst Klaus and Alice got Freya to safety, Elijah and Bella had confronted Aurora. Their plan failed, and Elijah had ended up with the bullet edging closer to his heart with every breath. Much to Elijah's dismay, Bella, Klaus and Alice has stayed to keep him alive which lead to Aurora's quick escape.

Although the last remaining white oak had been destroyed, the prophesy was still in action. That is how they ended up in Mystic Falls. Elijah had gone with Emmett and Jasper to save Freya once again and put a stop to Lucien Castle for good. As hard as they fought, their efforts were futile as Lucien had won the battle and consumed the vial of serum that would turn him into the beast from the prophesy. Although they had managed to bring Freya home safely, the war had officially begun when Lucien drank the serum.

Flashback

"So now what?" Hayley had asked, walking into the courtyard with Hope on her hip.

Everybody had congregated in the courtyard of the Mikaelson compound to hear their plan of action. The group consisted of the Cullens, the Mikaelsons, Marcel Gerard, Vincent Griffith, along with Cami and Davina.

"Well obviously none of us have ever seen someone become this before, there is absolutely no way to know how we would kill it." Marcel said.