Chapter Four - ROADTRIP!

"So where is she exactly?" Kol asked Davina as they walked down the stairs and into the compound courtyard, each of them carrying an overnight bag in hand.

"She's in Washington, a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere. Do any of you have any idea why she might be there? Have any of you even been there?" Hayley asked the rest of the family that were standing, waiting to leave in the courtyard.

"None of us have never been anywhere near where the locator spell said she was." Elijah said, zipping up a leather luggage case after putting a grey blazer on the top.

"How are you guys feeling about it though?" Hayley looked at the three brothers and Rebekah who were crowded around the table in the courtyard, each of them holding a suitcase or bag of sorts.

"We don't even know whether she's alive yet, I find it better not to get my hopes up about things like this." Klaus' face remained stoic as he spoke, although Hayley's expression showed that she had seen through his façade.

"I'm excited. You all know that I tend not to dwell on 'what could have been'. All I am hoping for is that she's happy, at least one of us deserves it." Rebekah shot a look at Elijah and Niklaus. The latter who was about to object to Rebekah's statement until Kol spoke up.

"So it's just me then that's hoping that there is a good food supply wherever she is?" Kol asked unabashed, a signature Kol Mikaelson smirk on his face. Davina rolled her eyes and hit Kol's shoulder.

"Kol, she's your sister, surely you are happier?" Astounded at Kol's attitude. Kol's attitude was bad at the worst of times, but Hayley was surprised at his attitude when it came to his sister.

"I was joking guys. Can we leave now?" Kol took his duffel bag from the table and moved towards the door.

"You heard the man." Freya followed suit and followed Kol out to the car.

Out of everybody, Freya was the most excited to finally find Isabella. She was the most excited as she never got the opportunity to meet her youngest sister, she had been taken away years before Bella was even born.

The five remaining people in the room shared a look before following. They all trailed out of the old building and to Klaus' black Range Rover that was waiting on the side of the road outside of the Mikaelson compound. Elijah strapped Hope into her child seat before they set out on their journey to Forks, Washington.

...

They were half way from New Orleans to Forks when the long journey started to abrade them. The journey would take about sixteen hours, fourteen hours if they drove with haste.

"Okay, so I just googled this place and I am really struggling to comprehend why somebody would choose to live there by choice. It's literally in the middle of nowhere with no good stores or restaurants or..." Kol was promptly interrupted by Rebekah.

"Kol, we don't have any idea what we are going to find when we get to this town, hold your judgement until we actually get there."

A few hours after that, Kol had started to get bored, so he then decided it would be a prudent time to start aggravating everyone in the car. Davina, Kol and Rebekah were sitting on the back row; Freya, and Niklaus were sitting with hope in the middle row; and Hayley was riding shotgun with Elijah driving. They were splitting up the journey, Klaus drove the first eight hours and now Elijah was driving the next. Kol, being his usual self, decided it was a good idea to hack the Bluetooth speakers in the car using his phone, thus giving Elijah a fright whilst driving when heavy rock music started playing loudly. As a result, Davina had confiscated his phone. First, they stopped in Georgia, just over six hours away from New Orleans. They stopped at a gas station to refuel the car and so that Hayley could feed Hope. Next they stopped in Richmond, Virginia because Kol was complaining he was 'hungry'.