𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 & 𝗹𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗰 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗲𝘀

"ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏsᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ."

(𝗒/𝗇)'𝗌 𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾

"oh (y/n), i forgot to mention one thing." my dad added as we pulled into the driveway.

"huh?" i asked as he parked the car and we walked inside the unfurnished house.

"will introduced me to his wife, and she invited us to their diner tomorrow. i know that you probably hate that kid by now, but i think it would also be fun since it has a whole arcade thing." dad said.

"but isn't there gonna be awkward tension?" i asked.

"probably, but don't worry about it. anyway, i'm gonna go take a bath, then i'll inflate the air mattresses." dad said as he headed upstairs to his bathroom.

i grabbed some ice for my bruises and waited around the house, checking different rooms out. they aren't furnished yet, obviously, but it's neat to see what they'll become.

i stepped out into the backyard and sat in the lush green grass, feeling the humidity begin to rise as the skies flushed a peach tone. it was peaceful, for sure.

as i held a pack of ice to my eye, the sound of crashing plates and yelling made me jump.

i couldn't make out the words, but i heard a mixture of three voices. one was deeply masculine and was shouting the loudest. the next was a softer female's voice. it was still loud, but instead of being about to make out words, i only heard murmurs. the last voice sounded like a young teenage boy, and it was also pretty loud.

it obviously came from the afton household, and after another plate smashed, i could hear striped shirt yell something before it all went silent again.

"damn," i muttered to myself as the peach sky was now a deep lilac. i just can't believe how unlikely the fact that i met afton's kid under those circumstances is.

i walked back inside, and a few moments later my dad came out, and had began inflating the air mattresses as i grabbed blankets and pillows to put on them.

i moved my mattress closer to the glass door that led outside, while my dad slept closer to the kitchen.

as i stared at the shifting lilac sky, i faded info the subconscious hoping that afton's kid doesn't talk to me tomorrow.