𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘀 & 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗻

(𝗒/𝗇)'𝗌 𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾

"(y/n), hey! get up." dad said as i groaned and sat up.

"huh?" i asked, blinking in moderation.

"the movers are here with our furniture." dad explained as two men began to walk into the house, carrying the couch.

"alright, i'm gonna go change." i said as i walked to the bathroom with my backpack full of my clothes.

i closed the bathroom and took a shower before completing my morning routine. i wore a red shirt with denim shorts, and tied a black sweatshirt around my waist.

as i walked out, i helped my dad with placing things. we did this for maybe 2 hours until the only stuff left was boxes that needed to be emptied.

as the movers left, i went upstairs to my room to start emptying the boxes. i groaned in boredom as i flopped on my bed and looked out the window.

as if my luck couldn't be any worse, the stupid afton kid's room is literally across from mine. i wouldn't have known at all if the boy weren't sitting on the edge of his window, smoking a cigarette.

"hey popcorn lungs!" i shouted after opening my window and sticking my head out the window to startle him.

"oh shit," i heard him mumble as he dropped the cigarette in surprise. "the hell do you want?"

i just laughed as i left the window open and went back to opening boxes. as i looked back out the window, i watched afton's kid flip me off. i rolled my eyes in response as i shut my window.

i put all my clothes away as my dad called me from downstairs. "(y/n)! time to go!" he said as i ran down the stairs, gripping the banister.

"yeah, i'm coming." i said with minor anxiety. i never liked social events or family gatherings.

we both got in the car, and dad began driving. "how do you know where you're going?" i asked.

"good memory," dad laughed. "i gotta go to work tomorrow, and the next day i'll drop you off at school."

"uh huh," i muttered as i stared out the window, trying to memorize the area around me.

we eventually pulled into the parking lot of the populated family diner.

we both got out of the car as my anxiety began to rise. i didn't want to be there anymore. but before i could say anything, mr. william was waving us down to their table.

"hey there! how are you?" mrs. afton greeted. "hi, i'm patrick and this is (y/n)," my dad introduced us. "i'm lora," she smiled.

"meet my kids, elizabeth, chris, and michael." she pointed to a maybe 9 or 10 year old girl with long and bright pumpkin-orange hair and bright green eyes, then to a sad 9 or 10 year old boy with short brown hair and coffee brown eyes, who wore a striped shirt and blue shorts, then to popcorn lungs, who had his bruised arms crossed as he looked me up and down. he was probably as bruised up as me.

"it's nice to meet you," dad smiled to them as elizabeth ran towards me.

"hey (y/n), can i show you around?" she chirped with a smile.

"sure," i responded as she began to lead me around.

"michael, go with them." lora said as he huffed and followed along.

"so over there's the arcade, then there's the performance stage, and— why is your arm so bruised?" elizabeth asked as we stopped behind a vending machine, and i turned to michael.

"i was wrongfully attacked," i said as i made eye contact with him.

"you provoked us first," he shot back.

"is that why dad was— oh look! layla's here!" elizabeth started, but ran over to a brunette girl, leaving me with michael.

"so popcorn lungs," i started as i turned back to him. "does your mommy know you smoke?"

"the hell are you gonna do about it? snitch me out?" he asked in a low voice as he clenched his fist.

"well no, obviously. but why did you and your friends attack me anyway?" i asked, genuinely not expecting any answer.

"look, (y/n), whatever the fuck your name is, just stay away from my friends. i don't hate you as much as they probably do, but you'll learn pretty fast that you don't wanna associate with us." michael responded as he peeked out from behind the vending machine, watching our parents make conversation.

"why? are you all some sort of delinquent elite group?" i laughed as he turned back to me.

"in a way, yes." he responded again.

"if i'm being honest, i really don't give a fuck about you and your loser friends." i said, throwing my hands in the air.

"alright, but don't say i didn't warn you. school is gonna be living hell." michael said with a hinge of candied sympathy.