Beginning

"Jiang Cheng!" Wen Rouhan swallowed hard, shock, and dread surrounded him.

His beloved, standing there.

His beloved, near at the edge of the cliff.

With that familiar voice, the young omega turned, seeing him----his pair of beautiful, empty, numb, and dull eyes staring back. At any moment, no doubt, he will. . . there was no need for words.

"Please don't, A-cheng..." He gasped.

"Look,"Jiang Cheng starts," I found the river of immortals, again. It really did exist like what the legend says, this celestial water of oblivion."

"A-cheng, come here," The alpha carefully threading forward, each steps equal to his wavering heart beats with fear digesting all the thoughts in mind. " A-cheng there aren't any lotus flowers here, Qishan Yiling lakes has a lot of lotus flowers and much more you can see. You will love there, I can make your own lotus lake." He hesitantly stretching his right hand toward the young omega, afraid of making any wrong move at the same time he is trying damn hard to put up his calm and reassuring smile.

Jiang Cheng closed his eyes and shook his head repeatedly as he took steps backwards without a care.

A foreboding feeling, Wen Rouhan felt the terror lurking in his stomach noticing his little omega movements. He cannot help but take another breathed of panic warring within and allowed himself to take courage as he speaks again," A-cheng, I know you hate me. I know you don't want to see me. Still, I want you to stay alive and hate me instead. As long as you never leave my side, as long as you come back with me in Yiling, as long you stay alive, you can torment me or you can revenge on me." He had almost bitten his tongue when Jiang Cheng moves again, he screamed, "A-cheng! Don't please. . . " The tone is near-begging desperately." I will do everything, I will ask royal brother for an imperial decree to protect Yunmeng State." He clenched his eyes hard and took shaky breaths pleading back to Jiang Cheng who is blankly looking at him. "A-cheng please, please come here. . . "

"No."

"A-cheng, I will not let anyone hurt you."

"No."

"A-cheng, I will protect you will all my life. "

"No." Jiang Cheng sight cast far away, in a distant past, at the clear sky, under of full moon and light breeze. He slightly forced himself to grace an empty smile across his paled lips while looking indifferently at Wen Rouhan. " That night. I told you the legend of oblivion river. The water of celestials, it will help you forget everything, forget all sentiments...forget worries... and forget love. You can. . .forget everything. I really like to forget all the pain here." He stares for a moment, and then, at a certain declaration he said." For all of the eternity, I, Jiang Cheng of Yunmeng will forget you. I will forget you. I will forget you. I will forget you, forever. For the rest of all my lifetimes, I will forget you."

After then, he jumps.

The silken purple robes beautifully fluttered in front of Wen Rouhan's terrified eyes, his heartbeats had nearly stopped beating at the short period, for this moment, horror and terror had engulfed all over his whole body and mind. As the spine-chilling realisation slapped him violently. Without faltering around and now a little sight, his body instinctively rush ahead reaching for Jiang Cheng. Then at the drop of the hat he screeched. "Jiang Cheng!!!"

From the seconds he held his breath, his attention immediately refocused to the familiar warmth, a little relieved, a little anxious and deeply scared. Still with the thought of young Jiang Cheng's hand on his roared through him. He caught it on time. He made it on time. He grasped his little omega from falling to death.

With that certainty predominant in his head, Wen Rouhan look deeply at Jiang Cheng. The petal soft skin touched, blue unclear orbs meeting his dark pairs, his omega's long lashes flutters, his beloved quivering lips along the scent of wafting autumn rain, lotus and lavender, all of it was making the Alpha feels so much heartache.

"A-cheng! Hold onto me," His desperation broke, distress and anguish leaked, Wen Rouhan cannot hide all this excruciating emotions anymore. He only wants Jiang Cheng to be safe and sound---him to stay alive. However, Jiang Cheng didn't even bother to response rather he is trying of freeing himself from the alpha's clutched.

No reluctance, no second thoughts.

"NO! Hold on, hold on tightly," Wen Rouhan cried. "What are you doing?! Stop, stop it A-Cheng! Have you gone crazy!"

After for several moments.

Finally, Jiang Cheng had let go.

He fall.

"JIANG CHENG!"

_________________________________

"Setting sun at the edge of the sky."
- Next

♢Thank you everyone, see you next time.♢

Last Edited: Saturday, August 1 2020