An 'Accidental' Encounter

A accidentally hits B with a car and it turns out A is the only one who came to see B at the hospital.

Human/AU

____________________

Poppy liked parties.

No, she absolutely loved parties. Loved them with all her heart.

The booming music, the lights and the dancing—oh god, the dancing—the laughter and those fizzy drinks and alcohol. It always make her bubble with excitement, always so much fun.

Well, the fun was over for today.

"Catch ya later, Poppy!"

"See ya, Suki!"

It was just another normal Saturday night, a normal (and a rather wild) party, a normal drop-off at Suki's place, and a normal drive in her BMW back home. And she was tired. Really, really, so very tired.

The streets were rather quiet—it was almost 2 AM, so Poppy decided that it was quite reasonable. Like, who would be out strolling about on a street of a boring neighborhood at 2 AM? Nobody. Ha.

Right?

Right.

Poppy flicked her headlights off. Her house wasn't too far now, anyway.

Her fingers automatically moved to turn on the stereo, then to the radio station.

"... thank you for the report, Sky, and now we'll end today with a song, like always. Goodnight, Trollsville. This is 'Memories' by Maroon 5."

Totally her jam. Well, not in parties or outings or get-togethers, of course. But definitely when she was driving home after a long, long day of shopping and dining and partying—a silent cheer was necessary at this point.

Here's to the ones that we got
Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not
'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories
Of everything we've been through

"Toast to the ones here today, toast to the... mmm..." Poppy, only a few seconds into the song, decided to give up on singing along and resorted to just humming—she had only been introduced to the song recently, after all, and also, she was tired.

Streetlights ran by above her head as she drove, swaying slightly to the subtle beat. She just couldn't wait to go home, take a nice bubble bath and get into her fuzzy pink pajamas, then hop into her nice, soft—

Her car screeched to a stop and she lurched forward almost violently, slamming her foot on the brakes as her body smacked itself into the steering wheel, immediately bouncing back into her seat. Poppy couldn't comprehend the confusion and terror she was experiencing at the moment—her heart felt like it had stopped for a short second before beating like crazy, thumping against her chest in panic.

Releasing a shaky breath, fingers still gripping the steering wheel tightly, she leaned forward slowly, fearing that her speculation might be confirmed after seeing what she was about to see—