I Think You Have The Wrong Number

A prank calls someone, and then A realized that they accidentally called their crush B.

Human/AU

____________________

Prank calls were a tradition at Suki's sleepovers—whenever the girls gathered up at her two-story mansion for a slumber party, they'd all take turns prank calling somebody using Smidge's old cellphone, and while one of them would try to talk like a normal human being without bursting in laughter, the others would bury their faces into pillows and die trying to stifle their giggles.

Of course, one of them would eventually suffer the inevitable fate of endless laughing and because of how contagious those sort of laughs were, they'd have to end the call and roll around for hours and stop thinking that everything they saw was funny.

"Okay, prank call time, gang! Who's going first?" Suki held up the old, battered cellphone and tossed it into the middle of the circle.

Nobody reached for it.

"C'mon, guys! We gotta prank call somebody." Suki complained and sat up, putting on her fuzzy purple bunny slippers. "How about Harper?"

"I wanna save mine for last." Harper said with a shrug. "Or at least second from last."

"Fine. Smidge?"

"Suki, I don't even know who I'm gonna call—I'm going to have to decide between either Subway or Chipotle."

"We'll give you some time. Poppy?"

"Mm..." Poppy considered the option for a while before speaking. "I was going to say the same thing as Harper, but I guess having a first good laugh wouldn't hurt." A smirk grew onto her face as she took the cellphone, skipped to the keypads to type in a number. She picked up her own iPhone and started scrolling through the contacts.

"Ooh, crush with three hearts? Who's that, Poppy?" Poppy had failed to notice that Smidge had been peering into the screen of her phone, and her cheeks immediately went red.

"You don't need to know, Smidge."

"C'mon, Poppy, tell us! Is it Braaaaaaaaannnnchhhh?"

"Smidge!"

"Woman up, Poppy! Tell us who the lucky guy is!" Suki exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air excitedly. "Or else we'll have to—" Ignoring the sharp cry elicited from Poppy herself, Suki swiped the iPhone from her fingers and got to her feet, holding it out of her reach. "—call your 'crush' ourselves and find out!"

"Fine, fine, fine! It's Branch, okay? Give it back!" Poppy scrambled to her feet and jumped, managing to take her phone back with some effort. She hugged it to her chest, scowling and face flushed red. "Just don't do that."