Away From Cliché: Pt. 2

A is a quiet jock looking for a sport scholarship, and B is the adorable nerd.

Human/AU
Highschool/AU

____________________

The word spread around the school like a wildfire—Branch Woods, the most mysterious and unapproachable hot jock was officially dating the school's most adorable nerd, Poppy Kingsley.

Branch didn't really like being part of rumors and news around his highschool, he had learned that from the worst experiences. The latest fake rumor had been that Branch owned a limo and that he had ten bodyguards that dropped him off at the local bowling center on weekends.

He hoped whoever had the guts to make those rumors went to hell. But nonetheless, he was still happy to be with Poppy, and did not regret his decision one bit.

Poppy Kingsley, meanwhile, was completely ecstatic to be dating Branch. She had never thought that she, the all-day albatross and the happy, outgoing prep student, would eventually get together with someone like him. And she was glad that she did.

"Poppy, Poppy!" A familiar voice interrupted her thoughts and Poppy Kingsley looked up from her notes to find her friend Smidge running towards her. When the shorter girl reached her, she stared up at Poppy with wide eyes.

"Are you really dating Branch now? It is offish?"

"Smidge, shh, keep your voice down, we don't want to draw attention." Poppy said, glancing around to see if anybody had heard. Some had, but they soon returned to whatever they were doing and she could then relax. "Yes, he gave me a call last night, we made it official. Who told you?"

"Uh, Guy Diamond? The guy from Art History?" Smidge replied. "He told me that Suki had told him first, though. So I went to Suki and she said that Cooper had been the one to tell her, and—"

"Alright, I think I get it." Poppy said with a subtle smile as she tucked her notebook away into her locker, closing it shut and twisting up the combination. "Well, no harm in letting anyone know—"

"No harm? Have you not. Dated. Before?" Smidge cut into her sentence and threw her arms up for emphasis. "Poppy, you have to notice that you're dating one of the hottest guys at school."

"I already know that—"

"But what you also need to know is that there are other girls that still want him. Other girls that would pick a fight for him." Smidge said. "They're like sharks—always out on the look, swarming around the hot guy and biting at everything else they see."

"Smidge, what are you saying?"

"Poppy, it's great that you're with Branch now. It really is. But by being the girlfriend of the Branch Woods, you're going to get yourself some enemies."

"That's ridiculous. People can't be that stupid." Poppy forced out a laugh.

Or could they?

"Poppy." Another voice called out to her, and he turned to see Branch himself emerge from the crowds of students—some girls turned to look and stare, and Poppy could have sworn that some of them gave her the major stinkeye. "I've been looking for you."

"Branch, I... I'm sorry. I was talking with Smidge." Poppy replied and couldn't help but smile when she saw his face. How could someone be so handsome and so undeniably cute at the same time?