Carpe-Fucking-Diem

A is the town's sweetheart and B is the 'bad boy' (who really isn't all that bad). A wants to introduce B to their dad.

Human/AU

____________________

They both didn't know how they got together. It just kind of happened.

It had started out rather simple at the beginning—Poppy Kingsley moved into town with her father, the new mayor, and was adored by everyone she met. And then she happened to accidentally encounter Branch Woods, typical 'bad boy' of Kennedy Highschool.

He had been rough on the edges at first—not to mention looked rough as well. His attire always consisted of leather jackets, ripped skinny jeans, and combat boots. And his clothes, always a mixture of dark red and black. Branch Woods used to smoke a bit back then, not too much, but not too little either. He stopped after meeting Poppy.

Despite his rather cold demeanor and grumpy, aloof attitude, Poppy learned that he wasn't really at all 'bad'. It was a mask, a shell and an outer exterior to shelter what he really was. Truth was, Branch was an actual softie. The softest, cutest, hottest boy Poppy had ever seen, and she absolutely adored him.

Soon, Branch confessed his feelings towards her—the way he had done it was adorable, blushing like crazy with the soles of his boots scraping across the ground, head dipped down as he said what he had to say—and she told him she felt the same.

Starting from that day, the town's sweetheart, daughter of the mayor, and the actually-soft-bad-boy began dating.

Since then, Branch had managed to open up a little, got rid of several unhealthy habits (for Poppy, of course), but he still kept his reputation the same. It was his way to protecting himself from unnecessary hurt—but when Poppy was clinging onto him cooing how cute he was, he melted in front of her.

To him, everything was going so, so well.

"Branch, I think it's time I introduced you to my dad."

Until now.

"Y-your dad?"

"Yeah, my dad." Poppy gave him a sweet smile, clasping her hands behind her back.

"He doesn't know we're dating?"

"Oh, he knows we're dating." She replied with a chuckle, looking down a brief second to fix the strap of her dress over her shoulders. "He just wants to meet you, maybe sit down and have a talk, man-to-man."

"What if he disapproves of me as your boyfriend?"

"He's not gonna do that, Branch—my dad's a really nice guy. He always takes me fishing at the big lake on Sundays, and we have movie nights on weekends, too! You'll love him!"

"Poppy, I'm. Your. Boyfriend. Dads, in general, do not like their daughter's boyfriends!"