You Owe Me One

This features: Barbara Maitland, Lydia Deetz, Beetlejuice, Delia Deetz, Charles Deetz, (Adam Maitland is mentioned)

Warning: Mentions bad words(barely. I shouldn't have to put this warning but it doesn't hurt to stay safe!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barbara had to admit that being a ghost wasn't always as fun as she thought it was. Time ran differently, and she wasn't even able to leave the house without being teleported to Saturn. Although being dead had some interesting perks, it was usually boring because Lydia was always at school, and Adam was usually occupied with working on their town model. To be fair, Adam still spent a lot of time with her, and she did have plants that she loved to take care of, but it wasn't easy to work, because it seemed that every single time she tried to do something productive, that god-forsaken demon would come down to bother her and her husband. She sighed, even if it meant being bothered, her plants still needed tending.

Barbara walked outside to the garden,(Which luckily didn't teleport her to Saturn because it was technically part of the house. The last time Adam walked off the porch, he was nearly attacked by a sandworm) grabbed the watering can, and filled it with the hose that was attached to the wall. She listened to the soothing sound of water pouring into the can(Don't judge. She didn't get to hear that sound very often since she was dead) before she walked over to a tomato plant.

"Hey, Babs!" A raspy voice greeted her. Barbara let out an exasperated sigh. She should have expected the green-haired demon to find her.

"Not now, Lawrence. Can't you see that I'm trying to water my plants?" She told him, looking him straight in the eyes. When she had first met him, she would've found his gaze intimidating, but now it was like lecturing a sadistic nine-year-old child with anger issues.

"Babs, what did I say about using my first name?" He asked her, obviously disliking the usage of his first name.

"You didn't say anything." She told him back, tipping the watering can so her tomatoes could drink the water that they had been denied of for the past three days.

Beetlejuice rolled his eyes at her and sighed, "I guess that's true, but it still sounds way better when Sexy says it!" Barbara couldn't help but scoff. She wasn't particularly fond of Beetlejuice calling her husband 'Sexy', but the demon's affection for her him was quite adorable.

"Okay then. Well, Beetlejuice, what are you here for?" She asked him as she started watering the other plants.

"Don't be so boring, Babs. I just wanted to spend time with my favorite ghost pals." He told her. A small smile cracked onto Barbara's face. Beetlejuice was usually annoying, but he was still fun to hang around. Sometimes at least. "So, I tried hanging out with Sexy in the attic, but that model that you two like to work on is like, more boring than Brigadoon."

"Hey! It's not that boring! It's a model of the entire town!" She argued, defending her husband's work. They had started that model while they were still alive and they were still working on it. Lydia even took reference photos for them.

"Exactly, Babs. Bor-ing." He told her, prompting her to frown a bit. "I also asked Darla–"

"It's Delia!" Yelled Deila, who somehow managed to hear them from a window in the kitchen.

"I also asked Delilah if she wanted to hang out, but she was too busy sorting her crystals." He continued, still misusing Delia's name. Barbara could practically see Delia sighing as her attempts to correct Beetlejuice constantly ended in failure. Barbara had a feeling that the obnoxious demon knew that Delia's name was Delia, but decided to call her Darla, Delilah, or another variation of the D-name just to annoy her.