Running Away

This features: Lydia Deetz, Charles Deetz, Juno Shoggoth, Boy Inferno(Barbara Maitland, Beetlejuice, Emily Deetz, and Delia Deetz are mentioned)

Warning: It mentions sexual activities, but nothing is shown. Death is also mentioned(I don't think that all of these warnings are necessary lmao)

Author's Note: Sorry for the super late update! I have been struggling with math, but I'll still try to progress with writing. I don't feel to great about this piece, but I hope you find it mildly entertaining!(Also yes the title of this piece is very creative *sarcasm* If anyone has any suggestions for titles, that would be great!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lydia wanted to scream at her father as he dragged her deeper into the netherworld. He ran with fear in his eyes and an iron grip on her wrist that was starting to ache. It was true that many people wanted her dead at the moment, but she didn't see the point of running. If she died, she would get to see her mom, and if she really wanted to escape, she could just draw a door on the wall with the chalk that she still had in her pocket.

"Dad stop!" She yelled, her voice hoarse as she panted and broke out of his grip. He turned around and looked at her incredulously as if confused about why she wanted to stop. "Why are we running away?" she asked, her voice weak from dehydration. She was here to find her mother and escape the wicked demon who wanted to marry her, not run around in the empty abyss.

"There's a boy band chasing us." He replied, his eyes focussed on something far into the unfathomable emptiness. Lydia couldn't help but scoff at that and think of how weird it sounded out of context, but the terror abruptly coursed through her body as she distinctively remembered the four men inching towards her like a predator cornering its prey. They all held weapons; a chainsaw, matchets, and... was that a weed wacker? Lydia could almost feel the blade of the matchet graze her throat, but before any harm was done they had all cowered back, quivering in fear as they stared at the puny flame that was pointed at them.

That was the one good thing her father had done for her ever since her mother died, and if Lydia was being honest, it made her feel all warm inside like she was in her parents' embrace as they hugged her at her 8th-grade graduation. Charles had protected her as he stole the caseworker, Juno's lighter. The old woman was about to light a cigarette(which she really didn't need) when he snatched it from her, pointing it at the boy band and threatening to set them ablaze if they dared to touch her. The boys automatically cowered from the tiny flame, reliving their death and remembering the plane crash where the flames had engulfed and killed them. Lydia could barely take them seriously anymore, as they had all huddled together and wailed. She even remembered one of them screaming, "I love you guys!– It was all about the music–I'm not gay, I'm bi! I just figured it out!" as Juno glared at them all.

"Lydia! There is a boy band chasing us." Charles repeated deadly seriously as he shook her shoulders, snapping her out of her trance. He looked frantically around the darkness and grabbed her wrist and started running again, "There's got to be a way back home."

"I already know how to get home." She muttered. If her father had really wanted to leave, she would've given him the chalk earlier so she could start looking for her mom. Her father whipped around desperately and looked her in the eyes.

"You do?" He asked her as she took a stick of chalk out of the pocket in her dress. Her father watched intently as she drew a crude door on the pitch-black wall. She wasn't going to leave yet though. She was going to find her mom.

"This is great! We're saved!" He practically chanted in relief. Lydia let out a small sigh. She wasn't particularly fond of her father's actions and how she found him practically fucking Delia, but he was still her father, and she cared. She knew that he cared too since he had saved her from Boy Inferno and tried to help her escape even though she was perfectly content with dying and staying in the netherworld. He didn't know that though. In fact, no one did. Aside from Beetlejuice, no one knew about her suicidal side or her suicide attempt. Lydia was glad that Beetlejuice had stopped her though. She had surprisingly enjoyed scaring people with the striped demon before he tricked her into exorcising Barbara. She didn't know how she'd explain her death to the Maitlands, too.