CHAPTER 4: Try Harder

Ayume is currently 17 years old and in the Kinoto Rank. Her physical abilities and mental strength has improved a lot. Her reflexes were on point and her movements were graceful. Ayume has already some-what mastered 9 out of the 10 forms in the Breath of Light. She couldn't master the last form.

The Ephemeral Lotus Dance is not an easy form. This is the hardest form in the breath of light because it requires an immense amount of stamina, strength and control. Ayume is not at that level yet.

Her wooden swords kept breaking every time she shoots herself. To accomplish the form, the wooden swords should not break. It doesn't matter the material of the weapon, whatever it is, the wielder must control their strength to not break it.

Ayume was trying very hard and there were subtle improvements but it wasn't good enough.

Oyakata-sama heard about Ayume's training from Amane and decided to pay her a visit.

"I see you learnt a new breath...how is it for you?" Oyakata-sama stood by the field as Ayume was patching up her scratches.

"Oh, good afternoon, Oyakata-sama." Ayume patched her arm and bowed lightly.

"It is a very hard breath to learn because it isn't very known..." Ayume smiled and answered.

"What breath are you learning?"

"Breath of Light..." Ayume answered with a bright smile. Oyakata-sama smiled as well and pats her head.

"Good job...I have faith in you." he says with encouragement. Ayume smiled and bowed.

"Thank you...Oyakata-sama." her tone was very sincere and kind. Oyakata-sama pulled his hand away and looked at Ayume.

"I look forward to see your progress." Oyakata-sama said with a kind tone. Ayume bowed with respect.

"Yes." she said and he leaves. Ayume stood upright and had a determined smile.

"I can't disappoint him!" she told herself mentally and gripped her wooden sword tightly.

~Time skip~

Ayume has regulated her emotions better. She realised that her emotions control her strength. She has been meditating and focusing on her breathing more often. She even grew calmer than she already was.

"Inner peace...inner peace..." Ayume whispered as she concentrates on her slow breathing constant. She has learnt how to change the pace of her breathing so that she could control herself even more.

It wasn't easy at all. It was very painful at the start but she managed to get through it. Ayume opened her eyes feeling very empty. There wasn't any emotions flowing in her. She took a breath and stood up. There was a tall cliff wall in front of her.

All she needed to do is repetitively attack the wall in multiple angles. She took a stance and placed her two wooden swords in a cross.

"Breath of Light. Tenth Form, the Ephemeral Lotus Dance."

Ayume focused on the many spots she wanted to attack on. She then shoots herself to every spot. It happened for about 5 seconds before her wooden sword broke.

"That's an improvement..." Ayume landed on the ground and smiled as she looks at her wooden sword. She then looked back at the cliff and saw many huge dents. Her eyes grew wide as she noticed the amount of impact needed for it.

"I did...that..." Ayume muttered out in shock. She looks back at her hands and smiled.

"I can do it again." Ayume was filled with determination and tried again and again.