CHAPTER 20: Recovery Training (3)

Three days have passed and Ayume is still revising her movements. She is able to carry on her missions but had to keep it to a bare minimum. She is still unable to head to her assigned region. Ayume still had to stay in the Butterfly Estate for Shinobu to monitor her progress.

Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke are recovering at a quick rate too. Ayume tries her best to give them as much guidance. However, it was challenging because recovery training isn't the same as normal training.

Ayume is currently replying to some reports from the demon hunters that are taking care if her assigned region. She gave her letters to Koko and smiled.

"Please give this to them. Travel safely." Ayume said before Koko flew off.

She then got up from the bed and went out of the room to continue her training.

"Shinahora-san." A voice spoke out from behind Ayume. It was Shinobu.

"I advice that you take it slowly. After that near-death experience, your strength and stamina won't be the same." Shinobu stated which made Ayume think about it for a moment.

"You are right. But...I can never rest easy if there are people out there in need of help. I won't be able to save everyone but I will do what I can." Ayume explained with a sincere smile. Shinobu remained calm.

"Well, if that is how you'd like to proceed. By all means, go ahead. But... if your injuries get worst, and you somehow survive, you won't be able to continue as a Demon Slayer." Shinobu warned calmly but had a serious tone. Ayume could feel that Shinobu was worried. She lets out a smile.

"I already knew that." Ayume responded honestly which made Shinobu taken aback.

"When I woke up a while back, I noticed through my breathing that my body got a lot weaker. My injuries are still recovering and I can't move around too much." Ayume recalled her struggles with her recovery. She couldn't use her complete breathing forms and her wounds hurt whenever she tried to use her breaths.

"I would rather fight to the very end and break my own limits to go further than I already can." Ayume had determination in her voice as she smiles brightly at Shinobu.

"I may not be the same as I was before but...I want to get stronger. Even though I'm already a pillar, even though I'm injured, I want to protect more people. And I can't do that if I am waiting for a full recovery."

Ayume stated which made Shinobu silent for a moment. She had a head struck and lowered her head.

"Sorry! I might've sounded like I wasn't appreciating your efforts to take care of me! That was selfish!" Ayume instantly felt guilty. Shinobu blinked and lets out a laugh.

"No, no. It's okay. I know you didn't mean it that way. But, Shinahora-san. With all due respect, wouldn't you be a burden if you fight injured?" Shinobu questioned calmly. Ayume stood back up and smiled.

"I would but...I will make sure I am not. I still have all my limbs to swing a sword. I will use it until my last breath." She said and walked forward.

"Your hospitality has sped up my recovery Shinobu-san. Thank you so much for that." Ayume managed to say sincerely before leaving the area and heading off for her training.

"I wonder what gave me such luck. I shouldn't take advantage of it."

Ayume thought to herself and reached her mountain where she has her training equipment set up. She started swinging her sword and picking up the pace of her breathing. She was really focusing on her movements that she did not realise someone lurking by the trees.